“Ms”

Econo Lodge Effingham
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Effingham
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Stay away! Should be demolished! Roaches, dirty, no lights, seems to be a shady hangout, broken items, very poor to no house keeping. I demanded a refund after trying two room. After reading the owner's responses to other reviews, he does absolutely nothing to address the issues! Should be torn down! DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank christine f
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Effingham

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Car broke down so it was one night only and never come back as it comes to cleaning less which was terible , room needs a lot of updating ,plaster walls from 70's ,the same as furniture , carpeting and test of the room.
Service at front desk was very unpleasant. As mentioned one night only never come back here again.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2016

I did not notice that the room was not very clean because the lighting was very dim. I found 2 cockroaches, the sheets had something on them. The light over the sink was very hard to get to turn on, and there was debri on the floor. I didn't notice all of this until morning. The breakfast was decent.

Room Tip: It was fairly quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

I was very disappointed in the hotel, the bottom of the pool had a lot of algae in it. The check in was ok, the clerk was very friendly. We booked through hotels.com and the totals didn't match up, I was charged more than I was supposed to be. When I asked it was for the use of the safe, which I didn't use. Not realizing that I needed to tell them I didn't use it to get the $1.50 back. Then when I checked out at 4:30 in the morning we caught the train to Chicago, I looked at my bank statement to see I was charged $11.70. I called back when I got home Monday to ask why I was charged, the clerk had no clue what I was talking about. Then decided it must had been for incidentals, now mind you the hotel is not the greatest place to stay. Then when it all cleared I was still charged another $1.70, not complaining about $3.20 but it was a little ridiculous on the extra fees. Only about a 2 star hotel.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Hkeitel
Reviewed 23 July 2016 via mobile

This was clean which is what we wanted since just passing thru. Needed laundry so this was perfect. The best thing is the front desk person Ashton. She goes out if her way to help. Room was large enough for the two of us. Has a king bed, two end tables, dresser, microwave, frig and tv. Also sofa and table. Nice size.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank California-Girl-00
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We were on our way home from visiting family and this was the last stop before heading home. We pulled up late in at night so we didn't get to see too much of the outside but what we could see of the front was not too bad. The young lady working the front desk was very nice and got us checked in fine. Drove around back to our room and wow, it was desolate back there. Only one other car parked along the hotel. The sidewalks were not in great shape. The building back here looked dirty. When you went up the back steps there is a tree growing that needs to be trimmed because it is going through the rails and overtaking the middle landing. The doors and windows to the upstairs rooms were very dirty looking. At the one end of the second floor where the stairs are there was all kinds of stuff outside the rooms there. Not a great appearance. Got to the room and the keys would not work no matter which way we put them in. Called down to the desk and the young lady said she would be right up. As soon as I hung up, the key worked. Called her back quickly so she did not come over. I appreciate that she was coming right away though. The room was just as gross as the outside of the building. The ceiling looked like it had mold and water spots on it! Decided not to try the shower and get up really early to leave for home. During the middle of the night the bed and box spring fell into the bed frame while we were sleeping! Since it was almost time to get up we just let it go. We checked out at 4 am because we wanted to get this hotel behind us. I hate to leave a negative review but there was literally nothing positive other then the young lady at the front, about our stay. I would avoid this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

We stopped to get a room late at night on our way home from visiting family. I requested a non smoking room and got a room that smelled like it had been smoked in. The front of the a/c unit fell off when I adjusted the temperature. The carpet is disgusting, two of the lamps in the room did not work and there were no fitted sheets on the mattresses. Avoid this place if you can!!!

Stayed: June 2016