“Excellent!”
Review of The View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Elizabeth
The View Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Elizabeth
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Andy and Joyce are truly nice people. They made us feel welcome, the room and grounds are extremely clean. Its location is centrally located for many of the site seeing, historical sites. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Our group stayed at The View this past weekend and we were treated with exceptional customer service. When a group books all of the rooms there is a discount plus we were greeted with a full cooler upon arrival and bonfires in the evenings along with music to our liking. My husband and I also enjoyed staying at The View in December and were welcomed with a glass of wine along with great information regarding the area. This motel isn't far away from Galena and we found it so welcoming! Andy and Joyce are great hosts! The View is an updated old-style motel along a main highway. Check it out on their website.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2016

The View is a very small 11 room hotel. It does not have a pool or hot tub. What it does have is it's owners. Andy is an unbelievable host. We went to Galena for a bike trip. The group I went with stays at the View all the time. So I heard stories about how great this place is. From the time we checked in to the time we left Andy was great. He had cold beverages when we pulled up waiting for use. He had towels ready to whip down our bikes. At night they have a fire pit. He would bring out wine and s' Mores for use. The hotel is super clean. I never felt so at home staying in a hotel as I did as I did this weekend. He is the owner, manager, maintenance man, ect.... But most of all he is a great host. I will be back and back again and again.

Room Tip: Grab some friends and rent all 11 rooms for the weekend
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

We went to galena for us grant pilgrimage and stayed at the view. Very welcoming folks and nice clean rooms. Would for sure stay there again. In the early morning you can see thesun rise on one side and the moon set on the other

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

Joyce and Andy were the best! From the moment we reserved our room over the phone, to the moment we checked out, they were friendly, inviting, hospitable, and truly the most genuine people I have ever met. My kids and I already planned our 4th of July weekend at their friendly confines. I sincerely feel we have made friends to last a lifetime. The name they chose, "The View Motel" is perfect, as you step around to the back of the property, the view is breathtaking. At night, the stars seemed so close, we could reach out and touch them. Just 15 minutes from Galena and all the area has to offer. Very clean rooms too, I must say, and the water pressure was divine. I wish we had that back at home. Priced moderate for the accommodations. Well, 5 stars from my family and I. I just can't say enough to describe our experience. Until next time... sincerely "The Garcia Family."

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2016

We went to Galena for Valentine's Day and stayed at The View. We were greeted by the owners. This made us feel very welcome. Then they offered us a glass of wine. Very good wine. The room as comfortable and homey. Who could ask for more! We will be staying here again and again. Perfect place to stay. Also enjoyed a very nice lunch at The Welcome Inn in Elizabeth.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

We travel a lot and this is one our favorite places. Andy and Joyce are wonderful hosts. They have thought of everything to make you comfortable. The beds are cozy comfy. They know the area and can help you with restaurants or whatever you want to do.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elizabeth
18.1 km away
19.7 km away
Ramada Galena Hotel and Day Spa
21.9 km away
Country Inn & Suites Stockton

Been to The View Motel? Share your experiences!