The View Motel
US$209
US$146
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$139
Baymont by Wyndham Bellevue(Bellevue)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$89
Country Inn
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel(Galena)(Great Value!)
The Irish Cottage
Best Western Designer Inn & Suites(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$88
Stoney Creek Inn(Galena)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$93
Country Inn
US$110
L & M Motel(Savanna)(Great Value!)
US$80
All reviewsfire pitandy and joyceother guestsfriendly hostswarm hospitalitya great place to stayclean roomschestnut mountaingalenahanover
Reviewed May 25, 2016

Andy and Joyce are truly nice people. They made us feel welcome, the room and grounds are extremely clean. Its location is centrally located for many of the site seeing, historical sites. We will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2016

Our group stayed at The View this past weekend and we were treated with exceptional customer service. When a group books all of the rooms there is a discount plus we were greeted with a full cooler upon arrival and bonfires in the evenings along with music to our liking. My husband and I also enjoyed staying at The View in December and were welcomed with a glass of wine along with great information regarding the area. This motel isn't far away from Galena and we found it so welcoming! Andy and Joyce are great hosts! The View is an updated old-style motel along a main highway. Check it out on their website.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2016

The View is a very small 11 room hotel. It does not have a pool or hot tub. What it does have is it's owners. Andy is an unbelievable host. We went to Galena for a bike trip. The group I went with stays at the View all the time. So I heard stories about how great this place is. From the time we checked in to the time we left Andy was great. He had cold beverages when we pulled up waiting for use. He had towels ready to whip down our bikes. At night they have a fire pit. He would bring out wine and s' Mores for use. The hotel is super clean. I never felt so at home staying in a hotel as I did as I did this weekend. He is the owner, manager, maintenance man, ect.... But most of all he is a great host. I will be back and back again and again.

Room Tip: Grab some friends and rent all 11 rooms for the weekend
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2016 via mobile

We went to galena for us grant pilgrimage and stayed at the view. Very welcoming folks and nice clean rooms. Would for sure stay there again. In the early morning you can see thesun rise on one side and the moon set on the other

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

Joyce and Andy were the best! From the moment we reserved our room over the phone, to the moment we checked out, they were friendly, inviting, hospitable, and truly the most genuine people I have ever met. My kids and I already planned our 4th of July weekend at their friendly confines. I sincerely feel we have made friends to last a lifetime. The name they chose, "The View Motel" is perfect, as you step around to the back of the property, the view is breathtaking. At night, the stars seemed so close, we could reach out and touch them. Just 15 minutes from Galena and all the area has to offer. Very clean rooms too, I must say, and the water pressure was divine. I wish we had that back at home. Priced moderate for the accommodations. Well, 5 stars from my family and I. I just can't say enough to describe our experience. Until next time... sincerely "The Garcia Family."

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family