“Great Thai Food and Excellent Service”

Happy Elephant Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2016

I travel to Chicago a lot and I always stop by this place or have it delivered. Peanut Chicken Rama is great, as is the Orange Chicken. Everything I ever had here is excellent. I have probably eaten here ten times in the last year. The crab Rangoon are very crisp and tasty. I LOVE the sweet and sour sauce. You owe it to yourself to stop in. Plus, the staff are great and friendly.

Reviewed October 30, 2015 via mobile

Went here for lunch and ordered one of my favorite Thai dishes which couldn't be easier to make, Basil Fried Rice. Extremely disappointed.

First, the jalapeños were not chopped, just sliced. Really? I didn't order nachos with cheese. Use your kitchen tools to chop the peppers! Secondly, the fried rice was barely fried. It was like half white rice and half fried.

On top of it, that simple dish was $9.25 in Elk Grove Village! I paid less at my favorite Thai restaurant in downtown Chicago!

Lastly, when I walked in at an off hour (2:00 PM) all tables were open and the guy told me where I could sit. Then he brings my Sprite (in a can) with a glass of ice, then goes back for a straw which he throws from 2 feet away onto my table.

Wow. One and done.

Reviewed September 18, 2015 via mobile

A wonderful little (26 seats) lunch spot made a big splash. Patrick greeted me at the counter and when I shared that I needed a vegan suggestion, he really delivered! I had the Ginger Rush, a spring roll, with peanut sauce and jasmine tea... Also tons of gluten free options! I'm a happy diner at Happy Elephant!

Reviewed August 19, 2015

This place has really good Thai food if you know what to get. Their Curry is awesome, especially the Panang Curry over noodles. Also, their sweet and sour, lime, or Orange chicken is great. The sauce is unique, but very tasty. Also, make sure you get their mango and sticky rice.

I am not as wild about their pad thai or basil fried rice because I think it is a little plain compared to others.

Reviewed August 12, 2015

This is one of the best kept secrets of the locals and one that is well worth your time and efffort to visit. It is not a big place and the seating is somewhat limited, but the rewards are worth it. The food is authentic Thai as the owners wife is from Thailand. The portions are adequate and priced appropriately and the atmosphere is family friendly. The decor is pictures drawn by an Elephant famous for his art work...yes, a real elephant. I would recommend the Pad Thai and the Thai iced coffee along with some Spring Rolls as an appetizer. Don't go expecting anything fancy or glamous, only authentic,fairly priced, and delicious!