“No longer recommended”

Ranked #96 of 154 Restaurants in Elmhurst
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 18 February 2016

Red Dragon WAS one of our favorites in Elmhurst. Food and service have been lost with new ownership. Ordered spring rolls and got eggrolls. Server insisted they were spring rolls. Food quality NOTHING like it was. Off our list, too bad they lost the magic.

1  Thank Abenture

Reviewed 30 March 2015

This is one of the best Chinese restaurants I have dined in.My daughter is gluten sensitive and they are so user friendly at this restaurant. The staff is just wonderful and the prices and food are great.

Reviewed 27 December 2014 via mobile

First let me say how much we miss Bob and Tina Choi. They were the heart of Red Dragon. You could feel the love when you would walk in...not anymore. New owners have made the restaurant lifeless. The two women that greeted my family tonight were rude and uniformed. I asked for our server Suk. I was told she is no longer with them. The cooks have all been fired too. Every friendly face, with the exception of Sherry, is gone. The food definitely is lacking. Egg rolls and Won Ton soup are different. Everything was different. The fortune cookies are bland and taste like paper. We will never eat there again. The Red Dragon we loved for 20+ years is just a memory now.

2  Thank paigepants0226
Reviewed 9 September 2014

Used to eat here regularly because it was good, consistant and friendly.
Had a taste for Chinese food last night, and boy do I wish I had gone somewhere else.
First off, I ordered Kun Pang Chicken, menu clearly states chunks of chicken breast.
I got chicken wings.
Secondly, when I inquired about types of imported beers, I got nervous laughter and unintelligle talk, followed by "maybe have liquor license next week." OK, that's odd... or maybe not.
Not sure where to direct you for Chinese food in Elmhurst, but I won't be coming back to Red Dragon.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This is an Elmhurst institution. They do both eat in and carryout/delivery. Tasty food with buffet option on Saturday. We almost always know someone else eating there!