“Great staff, first and foremost”

Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Elmhurst
Melbourne, Florida
“Great staff, first and foremost”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here with some colleagues recently and we all loved this place. First, the lobby is outstanding with a lot of comfortable seating to meet and talk. The info board TV thing is incredible. Great job, Courtyard. The front desk clerk was one of the best I've ever encountered. I wish I'd remembered his name for this because he deserves to be recognized. Rooms were nice and clean. I'm not a huge fan of the Courtyard desk configuration, but that's just me. I find myself on the bed or in the chair because I can't get comfortable with that rolling table. The breakfast was outstanding and the staff there was outstanding as well. If you need to stay anywhere in this area, this should be your first choice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistant General Manager, Courtyard Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Exceeding expectations is our goal, and we are glad we met that goal on your recent stay. We are so excited that you enjoyed our refreshing new lobby and the new information hub in the lobby, otherwise known as the Go-Board. We also appreciate the kind words expressed regarding the exceptional service provided by one of our employees and are sure glad that you were impressed by the services offered and enjoyed your breakfast at the Bistro. We would love to have you return!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed here for three nights for a business meeting on-site in March of 2012. Not the newest Courtyard property I've ever experienced, but far from the most worn-down. It does have very friendly staff at both the front desk as well as working in the bistro. Speaking of bistro, this Courtyard has the "new" lobby and bistro - which means there are actually delicious made-to-order options for breakfast (I love the "Healthy Start" sandwich) as well as made-to-order coffees and lattes/espresso drinks. Great value for nightly rate, ample free parking, just can be tricky to access to entrance to the parking lot if you're approaching from the other side of the street (due to a median). My advice would be to turn into the shopping center just south of the hotel and weave through its parking lot to access to hotel's, otherwise, you'll be driving on IL-53 for a while until you can find a turnaround. My only complaint about the property was a plumbing issue in my room - a loud "groan" every time I turned on the shower or adjusted the temperature - a bit unsettling early in the morning!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less road noise, but more wind noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
ElmhurstCourtyard, Assistsant General Manager, Courtyard Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad you found the time to experience our brand new Bistro. We are proud to offer a great selection of healthy food items for breakfast and dinner. The 'Healthy Start' is one of my favorites too. Getting into the parking lot can be a tricky if you are heading North on Route 83 but I hope we make up for it in staff friendliness and other areas under our direct control.

I apologize about the plumbing issue, which are engineer will be looking to resolve. Once again we thank you for your constructive feedback and look forward to seeing you soon
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Very nice property, well designed, and extremely accommodating for business travelers. Conveniently located near the highway with a courteous staff and very nice rooms. The bar area is nicely laid out...all in all, a good home away from home.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Second time staying at this hotel. Friendly service and the room was in perfect condition. Love the lobby reno. Excellent value for dollars paid.

St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Upon entry the decor and ambience is that of a big-time boutique hotel with big screen TV's everywhere, excellent table arrangements and a few 'private booths, each with their own individual TV. The deli and bar area is set up very efficiently, however it is so new that the staff has not yet become comfortable with how to make all of the menu choices! Hard to believe that management let this go 'live' without adequate staff training.

The rooms, however, are dated, albeit they do have flat screen TV's. I understand they are scheduled for remodeling, so beware of ongoing construction/remodeling issues in the coming months.

A great choice for a hotel, though, and I am pleased that Marriot has made the commitment at this location to upgrade their offering.

West Lafayette, Indiana
Reviewed 21 February 2012

While this Courtyard is a little dated it was a joy staying here as the staff was very considerate, helpful and helped my college bound son and I enjoy our experience even more. The front desk reception was welcoming and accomodating, and the cafe' service was inviting and kind. Thanks for making our trip a nice experience!

Murrieta, California
Reviewed 20 February 2012

just switched from another local hotel in the area to this Courtyard, service from the lobby to the cleaning staff was excellent!!! Now with the new Bistro downstairs this hotel offers travelers the choice of never leaving the hotel for any meals. Rooms are great, beds were comfortable and clean..
I will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elmhurst
1.5 km away
4.2 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chicago O'Hare South
5.5 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
7.7 km away
The Drake Hotel - Oak Brook

Been to Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area? Share your experiences!