All reviews front desk divided highway fitness center business trip a great stay rooms are clean exercise room nice property marriott properties bed was very comfortable first floor the room was nice bistro lobby chicago employees manny
Reviewed May 17, 2018

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much. Everything was as good or better than I expected. The Bistro is fantastic too! Great food, great service. I found myself eating most of my meals there!

My only complaints were that the pool and spa was out of order for most/all? of my stay, and the electrical outlets in the room were so loose that the plugs would fall out of them (a common hotel problem). But the positives far outweighed the negatives and I was a happy camper for my 9-day stay. I will definitely be staying again next time I'm in town and I've already told many people how much I liked the place. I'm writing this review because I was extremely happy with my experience!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Holly Z, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Thank you for the great review!

Reviewed January 22, 2018

This hotel was ok for the price. They tried to put me in a room on the first floor and when I walked in a bunch of kids were running all over the place and playing on the computers. No the first floor would not work for me. I was happy to get changed to a room on a top floor. The room was nice. Bed comfy. TV large. I used the fitness center and I don’t know why none of the large tv in hotel fitness centers seem to work. This was no exception. I called and hotel worker came and played around for 30 minutes and was able to get one channel. Also hotel did not have complimentary ear phones. Get with the program, most hotels have that as well, so could not watch tv while on the step master. Equipment was fine, but fitness center temperature was too hot for an exercise room. Pool closed which was a bummer because those restless kids would have enjoyed the water. Overall I would stay there again as I was attending an event nearby. However the staff should not let the kids play on the computer and run up and down the floors on the first floor. When something is broke, the price goes up for all. Staff friendly. Parking sufficient.

Room Tip: Avoid first floor room. It is noisy in the lobby area
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Holly Z, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thank you for your detailed review. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

So I was in the Chicago area this past weekend for a funeral. I always stay at Marriott Brands for the past six years. This is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review. I'm not sure if I got such a crappy room because I was using point or if all of their rooms were this crappy. I got to the hotel late on Thursday night and just wanted to take a shower and go to bed. But when I turned the shower on, caulking and some black substance came out. I let it run a while and it dissipated. I left early the next morning and return the next night without incidence. Saturday morning I was in need of a microwave after running errands. The reception pointed me to the microwave in the lobby which was in need of cleaning so I refused to use it. He then explained he would have housekeeping bring one to my room. I couldn't believe they sent a dirty microwave to my room. Also during my stay, only one elevator was working. This would have been fine if they wouldn't have had to re-program my key cards. Why are they still using key cards? There should be key card within the myMarriott app the give me access to my room. I am faithful to the Marriott Brand because I've always had great experiences with them, but I will never stay at this location again. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank 70Sherry
Holly Z, General Manager at Courtyard Chicago Elmhurst/Oakbrook Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is disappointing to learn that your stay was less than exceptional. We have addressed the issues with our operations teams and will use it improve.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

This is a great hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the room is spotless and the food is quite good. I don't normally stay southwest of O'Hare, but now I know I have a great option, since it is at the junction of four major thoroughfares.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for the fantastic review! We're so happy that you will be staying with us again. We look forward to seeing you!

Reviewed October 23, 2017

It was close to my client so I chose to stay there. Got in late and wanted a decent meal, but the "restaurant" is very limited and the food is marginal. No complaint with the facility or my room. Staff was very friendly and helpful. This is a "well-worn" and fading property.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. We will use it to improve!