Review Highlights
What a HOOT!!!

What a HOOT. OMG it was nothing like I expected… in a good way! I thought you “ride the wave”. You... read more

Reviewed October 5, 2021
JennuineP
Whitby, Canada
via mobile
ride the tide

at arrival, we were warmly greeted & immediately outfitted with proper life jackets. The scenery... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2021
COPE96

All reviews hour tour captain morgan nova scotia great adventure an amazing experience our tour guide a hoot explained everything mud slide life jackets a lot of fun an absolute blast super fun great guide tidal wave highly recommend this adventure bucket list
Selected filters
Reviewed July 20, 2019

Went with 2 young kids (7 & 9). We were provided with rain pants and jackets which was helpful, however, we still got drenched. Waves crashed over us. A lot like white water rafting - but more intense waves.
Mudsliding was a hit with the kids

Reviewed July 20, 2019 via mobile

Fabulous wave adventure with Calum! The waves were intense!! We did the four hour but would have been sufficiently exhausted after two!! I could have lived without the mud sliding, but others seemed to enjoy it. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 20, 2019

You have to be 13 years old to enjoy this "adventure". I was too old to do the mud slide and the rest of the "adventure" was going around in circles and through not too high waves and getting soaked with muddy water. We thought we were to ride the tidal bore wave, we didn't, we were told it had already passed. We should have been told that when we booked this very expensive "adventure". As boaters, my wife and I have gone through waves as high as we did here regularly so this certainly was no adventure for us.

Date of experience: July 2019
Morgan_MacDonald, Owner at Fundy Tidal Bore Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2019

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. To me it seems like you thought we would be riding on the Bore the entire trip. This is not the advertised description. The tidal bore is something we only spend a few minutes on and you do usually get a better view of the tidal bore bore on either the 4hr or the 2hr A. The bore can be just a ripple or it can be a wave up to 6ft high depending on the conditions. Once it goes by, the whole river reverses direction and starts flowing backwards! It will usually rise around 25ft in 3hrs. This what creates our rapids which are standing waves ranging in size from 3-10ft depending on the day. I know these waves aren't as big as waves in open ocean, but they are a lot of fun. Enough that everyone gets soaked from head to toe!

Our rapids do only appear at certain places at very certain times when the flow and depth of the water are just right. So we do use our motor to go back up to the start of the set again rather than wait for the next set to form. Usually we can do each set 3-4 times before it disappears. Some some sets are only 10 waves long while others are 30 or more waves long.

I think that you will find that our prices are very competitive for this type of excursion. We take pride in making sure our equipment is in good working order. We do inspections and maintenance on our boats and engines daily.

I am more than willing to listen if you would like to reach out to give us some constructive criticism. I am always interested to hear about how our staff did or any improvements experienced people may see that others have not thought of. Please give us a call at 844-363-8433 and ask for Morgan.

Reviewed July 17, 2019

No where else in the world can you experience this kind of trip. Captain Morgan runs a first class operation with his knowledge of the tides and great sense of humor. We alternated between going straight through the waves and over them as we crashed down. Plan for a full or new moon to get the most dramatic ride.

Reviewed July 16, 2019

The very best time spent...Kyle was an amazing host...he made the trip super enjoyable very knowledgeable. This was our 2nd time with this company and it left us waiting to visit again soon!! Thanks for the memories...see you again!!!

1  Thank Smilingrafter