Review Highlights
What a HOOT!!!

What a HOOT. OMG it was nothing like I expected… in a good way! I thought you “ride the wave”. You... read more

Reviewed October 5, 2021
JennuineP
Whitby, Canada
via mobile
ride the tide

at arrival, we were warmly greeted & immediately outfitted with proper life jackets. The scenery... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2021
COPE96

All reviews hour tour captain morgan nova scotia great adventure an amazing experience our tour guide a hoot explained everything mud slide life jackets a lot of fun an absolute blast super fun great guide tidal wave highly recommend this adventure bucket list
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Honestly an amazing experience. The only place in the world where you can raft the tidal bore. It was amazing to see it coming towards us and hitting that first rapid. That is the start of hours of fun as you go after standing rapids that form in the river as the water rushes in. Absolutely worth doing! We left exhausted and sore but so happy. Very nice that they have hot showers for after. Bring your own food as there is not a ton of options nearby and the snack they provide is a granola bar.
An absolute must if you are in the Bay of Fundy area!

2  Thank karadhealey
Reviewed September 8, 2019

This is a must if you visit Nova Scotia. So much fun. I did the four hour tour and it went by so fast. Hannah was a great boat pilot and guide. You will get wet and surprisingly it is not cold ( I went in mid-August). The mud sliding is fun as is the swimming but the highlight is riding the waves of the tidal bore. Very similar to low grade white water rafting. No one in our boat fell out. I also did the video addition on the ticket and it is ok. Quality not great but you can't take pictures on the raft trip. So, it is the only record of the trip I have. We also got to see 5-6 Bald Eagles. Highly recommend for ages 14 and above.

2  Thank kwoodsc
Reviewed September 7, 2019

I booked this excursion based on reviews I read on tripadvisor. I am so glad I did, all 3 of us loved it! Derek was our guide and he was fun, friendly and very professional. He gave us an experience of a lifetime. Don’t watch the tidal bore from a bridge or the waters edge....boring. Ride it and feel it on a raft. Over and over! I am pretty sure each experience is tailored to those on the raft. We were loving it so Derek kept turning around to ride the waves again!!! Walking on the river bed and sliding in the mud was fun too but riding the waves and seeing the tidal bore approach was the highlight for me.

I have been on many excursions all over the world and this was the FIRST time a tip was not mentioned by ANYBODY. And what is funny is that it is so well deserved! If you have as good as a time as we did please dont forget to leave your guide a little something.

A few tips. 1) There are hundreds of shoes left from previous guests so it is not necessary to bring throw aways. 2) bring a towel, none are provided for after your shower. 3) it gets cold and we had a nice day. Take a jacket, you will be glad you did.

Date of experience: September 2019
Morgan_MacDonald, Owner at Fundy Tidal Bore Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2019

Thanks for your great review! We do provide rain gear for anyone who does want a little protection.

Reviewed September 4, 2019

Our family loved the adventure. It was fun for the adults and our 7 and 9 year olds (we had no concerns about their age). Others have described it very well and it was true to those descriptions.

Reviewed September 3, 2019

My 19 and 21 year old sons and I took the four hour tour. Wore clothes we would never use again. Had a blast. Tip: use their guide to when the waves are highest, which follows the tide cycles. A MUST DO adventure.