Review Highlights
What a HOOT!!!

What a HOOT. OMG it was nothing like I expected… in a good way! I thought you “ride the wave”. You... read more

Reviewed October 5, 2021
JennuineP
Whitby, Canada
via mobile
ride the tide

at arrival, we were warmly greeted & immediately outfitted with proper life jackets. The scenery... read more

Reviewed October 3, 2021
COPE96

All reviews hour tour captain morgan nova scotia great adventure an amazing experience our tour guide a hoot explained everything mud slide life jackets a lot of fun an absolute blast super fun great guide tidal wave highly recommend this adventure bucket list
Selected filters
Reviewed February 17, 2020

I could never say enough great things about my trip with Fundy Tidal Bore Adventures! I was traveling with my less adventurous husband and too-little daughter so I woke up early, took the rental car, and drove from Halifax to ride the tide alone.

The drive from Halifax was easy and took less than an hour. Check in was quick and the woman signing everyone in was super friendly and informative. I was quickly outfitted with a life vest (rain coats are available but the weather was nice so I opted out. You are going to get soaked either way!) and enjoyed relaxing in the yard while we waited for the tide to start coming in. I struck up conversations with other friendly travelers so even though I was "alone" I felt welcomed and fully connected to the experience.

When it was time to go I jumped into Capt Derricks boat and enjoyed an informative and leisurely ride downstream as we made our way towards the ocean to meet the incoming tide. Derrick talked about the history, geology, and ecology of the surrounding area. We spotted many bald eagles and the scenery was breath taking. In a way, it felt like a spiritual experience being out on the water in such a beautiful place. We stopped to enjoy some optional mud sliding (do it, trust me!) before we finally pulled over to watch the tide approaching from the ocean.

Standing on the mud flat watching the "tidal wave" come rolling in was pure magic. The whole experience felt surreal. Once the tide got close enough, Derrick had us jump into the zodiac boat and we were off to play in the waves. Riding the tide was the perfect balance of exhilarating, fun, and safe. Derrick always had our well being in mind and made the trip unforgettable.

I opted to purchase the go pro video and it was the perfect way to commemorate my trip. Trust me, you'll be holding on for dear life, so the likelihood of you being able to document the experience yourself is slim! My one and only regret was only purchasing the 2 hour tour instead of the 4 hour tour. I 100% plan on coming back with my daughter when she's a bit older.

If you are into nature and adventure make riding the tides a priority while you are in the area. You are going to love it!

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed October 11, 2019

Fundy tidal bore adventures was able to fit me into a group completely last minute and was absolutely lovely to deal with. I did the two hour tour, but wish I had signed up for the longer one. It was a slow start waiting for the tide but out guide was friendly and chatty, which helped pass the time.
Not as exhilarating as white water rafting but a cool experience none the less.
Would definitely do again on my next trip to NS.

Reviewed September 26, 2019

Everyone who works here are amazing. They will answer all your questions. Lovely people. I have a sore back and neck from a car accident years ago so I opted out of the rafting with the medium size tides. My sister did go. She enjoyed it but did say she was very sore and stiff that night and the next few days. She said I made the right decision not to go. She also felt it could have been a half an hour shorter.

Reviewed September 23, 2019

A fun way to experience the extreme tide. Excellent trip - they supply you with rain coats and pants and even old shoes. The warm showers and hot cocoa after the trip was much appreciate. Owners/operators were super nice. It was a thrilling ride but felt very safe too! A must thing to do in Nova Scotia!

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

We visited at the end of August as a family with two boys nine and twelve. This was an absolute highlight for sure. I ca still hear my 9 year old giggling exhaustingly though the entire ride. We purchased gopro but the footage unfortunately corrupted, they immediately offered a refund to the card for the video. I couldn't recommend this excursion more, just do it you will be so glad you did.

Date of experience: August 2019