“Great Staff grappling with a declining property”

Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Fairview Heights
Reviewed 9 May 2017

As a regular SPG traveler, I was disappointed by the condition of the property, but encouraged by the friendly and helpful staff.

Room #1 had severe water damage around the window and water was pouring in and running over the AC and on to the floor. The area had received a lot of rain, but it was obvious this was not a new problem. Room #2 had more damage from moisture around the window and paint and drywall had crumbled and was on the floor and in the window sill. Room #3 had dirty dishes and bugs in the room. #4 was just fine, except for a leaky shower faucet. The pool was locked every time we went, despite going during normal hours. We had to locate staff to unlock the door each time.

The front office staff and management was incredibly helpful and offered free breakfast for our three night stay and gave us a discounted rate for the first night.

We were there for a family wedding and the reception was at the hotel. It was BEAUTIFUL! Fully exceeded our expectations for space, service, and atmosphere. The wedding was a Star Wars theme and the staff got into the spirit and showed up to work in Star Wars costume or themed dress!

This property is in SERIOUS need of repair and updates. I imagine this is a frustration point for a staff working very hard to serve its guests with the quality expected from an SPG Property.

Room Tip: First floor hallway had a odd mixture of smells. Check room cleanliness and operation before gettin...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Tim V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2017

Thank you for your candid feedback regarding your stay with us. I truly regret the multiple issues you mentioned and we are working hard to correct them. We're so happy to hear you enjoyed the wedding. I know the staff had a great time at the unique event as well. Thanks again for your time and your comments. Safe & happy travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

On my recent trip to Belleville, I again stayed at this hotel. Staff is friendly, focused on our stay and always helpful. I also enjoyed the morning buffet breakfast and selection before I started my morning. This is a great property and much quieter and nicer than those adjacent to the interstate. Book a stay and you too will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Tim V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for the great review and for taking the time to share your feedback! I will happily share your kind words with the team. We hope to see you again soon. Happy travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

Very convenient location - close to the freeway without all the freeway noise. When checking in and then checking out the next day, Darlene was very pleasant, helpful and efficient.Huge free parking lot, but interestingly,but on this Thursday night there was an event at the adjoining convention center and the entire parking lot became completely full at around 7:30 PM. Thankfully we had decided to have dinner at the hotel (nothing spectacular, but better than what we expected) as we would have found nowhere to park if we had driven elsewhere for dinner.Small fitness room that had what we needed and a small indoor pool also allowed for a little work-out. All staff members that we interacted with were very friendly. Rooms pretty much what you would expect at a Four Points. Would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Tim V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Four Points. I was happy to share your kind words with Darlene. She is one of the best in the business! Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon. Happy travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

What a great surprise in the little hotel where everyone knows your name and has a smile on their face. Staff was outstanding, rooms clean & quiet, parking free & plentiful, Doug at the bar a great fellow and pets welcome. A stressful family visit was off set by the friendliness of the staff. Thank you!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Doris Q
Tim V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2017

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your great feedback. We're pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I can't wait to share with the staff.
Thanks again! Safe and happy travels to you and yours.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Stayed two nights here on business and the staff was uniformly wonderful and friendly.
The property however is... totally beat. The carpet poses a danger of tripping in some places. The interiors of the elevator doors are keyed up with numbers. "Headboards" are attached to walls at comically sharp angles. Lampshades are barely hanging on the lamps, their screwtops long lost.

As other reviewers have mentioned, it is also very noisy. The walls are very thin, and on my visit there were several families with small children. Sleep was very difficult due to the noise.

Beds were comfortable though and the bathtubs are nice--everything is clean and the tub is deep enough to relax in.

Bring noise-cancelling earphones and you should be able to sleep fine.

I had to work in hotel room one of the days I stayed, and thank goodness I had brought earbuds with me because the room doors are slammed loudly and constantly from 10am to 4pm against their interior swing arm locks. (Evidently that's how housekeeping holds them open?) After an entire day of that level of noise, I was truly looking to make an escape.

Can't speak to the breakfast as I didn't partake, but the prices were very reasonable.

Other pluses: The pool is good for laps. Doug the bartender is hilariously funny.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Great value, nice, clean hotel with great location. Near food, movies and the mall all within 5 minutes drive. A little issue at breakfast but I have to say what I did eat was delicious! I've stayed here many times before and will again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Tim V, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Thank you for the great review! I look forward to sharing it with our team & can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

This was supposed to be a birthday celebration for my daughter. Overall the hotel was nice, friendly staff, and a convenient location to restaurants, shopping, and etc.

The fitness room is misrepresented via online photos with various equipment but you will only find a couple of treadmills and a bicycle. A television was present in the fitness room with no remote and a phone call had to be made to the front desk to receive the remote for the television.

The double bed room was very large and a sleeper sofa would have been nice or two queen-size beds instead of full size beds. The shower head was kind of dated and the water was very rough when coming out of the shower head.

These things would have been overlooked but the breakfast the next morning was a bad experience. They have a breakfast buffet which was very affordable but once you arrive to the buffet there weren't many items ready and available. We ordered pancakes and they were very bad. The head waitress saw that we weren't pleased with the pancakes and offered to take care of the meal for us.

Overall I would stay here again but I will be better prepared for my next visit.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairview Heights
0.5 km away
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fairview Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Fai...
#1 of 10 in Fairview Heights
5.1 km away
Hilton Garden Inn St. Louis Shiloh/O’Fallon
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview Heights
Holiday Inn St. Louis-Fairview H...
#2 of 10 in Fairview Heights
Comfort Suites
#6 of 10 in Fairview Heights
1.1 km away
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Fairview H...
#4 of 10 in Fairview Heights

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Fairview Heights? Share your experiences!