All reviews fairfield inn cut off room was clean staff was friendly the general manager movie theater great customer service louis housekeeper refrigerator
Reviewed April 16, 2018 via mobile

I am a marriott gold member and have been platinum so I've stayed in hundreds of marriott properties and this is by far the worst. On the positive side the staff is very helpful and are marking an heroic effort to accommodate guests in a property that needs to be totally renovated. The carpets in the halls and rooms are wrinkled and torn. The air conditioner in the first room did not work so we were moved to a second room. As I prepared for bed I turned over a pillow and found a bed bug underneath. The bug I found matched the picture of a bed bug on the internet. I brought the squished bug to the front desk and they moved us to a third room that was very noisy from the freeway and air conditioner that ran continuously. I found out in the morning that in the previous months they fumigate other rooms for bed bugs.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Christopher H, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2018

I am very sorry about the issues with your stay. We take all issues very seriously which is why we have already had our pest control company come to inspect your room. They did a thorough inspection and their report came back negative. They did not find any activity in the room at all. With this information, I hope you will try us again in the future and enjoy our great service. If I can assist any further, please reach out to me directly.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

We have stayed here several times over the past few years. They have been letting it run down for a while. The staff is still great, well most of them. We checked in on 4/8/18. Our room was hot and the bathroom was covered in ants, thick dust, sticky spills and hair all over the phone. We reported it to the desk and they said they would take care of it. When we returned several hours later, the ant were better, but still there and the room was still hot. The desk clerk came and looked at the unit. She got it working for just a little while. We reported it again on Fri. We were out all day and when we returned, still had ants and it was so hot! Kathy (manager) showed up 2 rooms we could move to. We chose the cleanest and the coolest, without ants. She was very kind. During the night, I went to the bathroom and stepped in a big puddle of water. GROSS! We couldn't figure out what was leaking. The next morning, we reported it. They said they would take care of it. Guess what? The next night, we had the same problem! The top of the toilet tank was running over with every flush! We piled towels around the toilet and called it a night. We complained, the clerk on Sat (who was a witch with a B) told us no charges would hit our credit card until we spoke with Kathy. Well, guess what? Not only did charges hit, but they were higher than we were quoted! After several minutes of discussion, they dropped the charges for one night. Needless to say, we won't be back!

Room tip: go stay somewhere else if you want a good room!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Cathie J, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your entire stay. We are under new ownership and expecting updates this year. I understand how frustrating it can be when room conditions are not what you expected. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy your stay enough to extend it by one night. Hopefully, next year during the convention, we will be updated and you will stay with us again.

Safe travels.

Reviewed March 19, 2018

We stayed for the weekend. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean and well maintained. Great breakfast--the hotel was completely booked when we were there and the staff was able to keep up with everything and get those fed who wanted breakfast. Nice pool...kind of small, though.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Cathie J, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2018

We here at Fairfield Inn are glad you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to make every guest enjoy their visit to the Fairview Heights area. We hope to see you again.

Safe travels.

Reviewed March 13, 2018

We were visiting family and decided to stay at this hotel for a few nights. My husband travels every week for work and so he spends most of his time in Marriott hotels. Also, when we travel, we always stay at a Marriott property. So we have seen our fair share of Marriott properties. Unfortunately, this may have been the worst.

The lobby and grounds of the hotel are fine. Yes, the lobby and elevator are small and look outdated, but that didn't bother us much. It was the room that was really a disappointment. The furniture and carpet looked quite old and worn. The bathroom was clean, but the tub was stained and the sink drained slowly. The refrigerator didn't work at all and we had to unplug it, as it was leaking water onto the floor. Some of the "woodwork" in the room had actually broken away from the walls and was peeling and coming off in many places. It looked old and felt dirty.

I will say, however, that the staff here were all very nice. We spoke with the front desk person and she was just lovely. She really tried to make our stay a pleasant one. We also interacted with the housekeeper and handyman and they were very nice too. They were the best part of our stay.

We would not stay here again. There are several other options in the area and I would be willing to even go outside of Marriott to find a better hotel. I hate to say that, as we are very loyal to Marriott and again, we liked the staff very much. But the room is just inexcusable as it is now.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Cathie J, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2018

I apologize that you had a disappointing stay with us. We are under new ownership and expecting updates this year. I know this information does not help with your recent visit, but I do hope you will stay with us in your future travels this way. Our staff do their best to make each guest's stay as enjoyable as possible, and I'm happy to hear they were of assistance to you.

May safe and pleasant journeys be in your future.
C

Reviewed January 8, 2018

This place does not deserve the Marriott name. The carpet in my room was actually torn. The hallway carpet was filthy and stained. There was no microwave and when I asked - she said not all rooms have one but she would bring me one, It was so dirty I would not use it. Shower curtain was off most of the hooks and just hanging, The only ice machine is on ground floor with a dirty towel lying on the floor in front to catch the water. Front door has to be opened manually - tough with suitcases. My trash was not emptied daily - "guess she forgot" was the response. No bath mat in the tub. I could continue but I don't think it is necessary. This place is just filthy.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Christopher H, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Fairview Heights, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Becker1,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. My team strives to provide great customer service to all of our guests. I will share your feedback with my team so we can improve moving forward.