“Very good Thai food”

Yum Thai Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 83 Restaurants in Forest Park
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

I been ordering from this restaurant on line several times per month. Prizes are good and food is great. Very happy

Reviewed January 19, 2018 via mobile

Yum Thai is a small storefront restaurant, but don’t let that fool you. This place cranks out some of the best Thai dishes we have eaten. It is a BYOB establishment, which makes it very convenient. Yum Thai has a fairly extensive menu, which covers a wide range of Thai dishes from Pad Thai Noodles to a wide variety of curry dishes. There is pretty much something for everyone. I asked the waitress what she would recommend and she told me that any of the curry dishes are very good, We went with our son and his family, and our granddaughters were able to find something they liked. The service was prompt and efficient, and the prices are reasonable. We went on a Sunday night and they had 3 specials for dinner, and 3 desserts on the special menu. I had the red curry with chicken which was very good, we also had Pad Thai noodles, Thai iced coffee. Everyone agreed that the food tasted very good. So if you’re in the mood for some authentic Thai food, I would recommend that you give Yum Thai a try.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Tried Yum Thai with our Groupon + deal. Very happy we did. From complimentary pot stickers to our main courses, everything was excellent. My husband had the beef with garlic and a chicken with broccoli dish which was not only delicious, but beautifully presented. I started withe sweet & sour cucumber salad, and then had red curry with chicken. I prefer noodles with my curry, and this was done without any issues. I had enough to take home for a second meal.
Will definitely return!

Reviewed March 20, 2017

Double bonus score.BYOB plus the best Thai. The owner is super welcoming. Small space but the will make room for you. Full menu of traditional Thai but get whatever is the "special". Owner uses her family recipes and seasonally tweaks them. Enjoy

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

Yum Thai Restaurant if Forest Park is simply amazing!! This small family restaurant cooks recipes from the owners mom! You want authentic Thai, you go where this type of cooking is happening. They care about every single plate that is presented. Every single one! We started with the Thais Egg Rolls (Mom's recipe that only Vickie, the owner, makes) and the Tod Mun. With the first bite of each we knew we had finally found "THE" place we'd been in search for. See the pictures of the menu for the description of all items in this review.
For our entrees we opted for one of the day's special, Green Curry Basil Duck and a main staple - Pad Thai with pork. Having the two was a perfect balance of spicy and sweet. So incredible was the curry that we all wanted to spoon it into everything. Amazing. We will order these again.
Dessert was the seasonal Mango Sticky Rice. If you have not had this before you are missing the most perfect way to end your dining experience here. Dare to try, you will be glad you stepped out of your comfort zone.
This is a B.Y.O.B. establishment.