“Surprisingly Positive Experience!”

NASPRI BRASSERIE EN BISTRO
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Valencia
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Dutch
Reviewed November 26, 2016

We heard mixed reviews about Naspri but since our apartment is so close we decided to go there for dinner on a Saturday night. Within a couple minutes of being seated the Owner came over with a smile and cheerfully welcomed us. (There is Wi-Fi and the password is the birthdate of his wife:) The restaurant is clean, somewhat spacious, and comfortable. The music was melodic and at an appropriate volume. An oscillating electric fan keeps the air moving.
A waitress soon came to our table with a carafe of Naspri (local spring water) two glasses and menus. A decent menu to choose from and our order was taken promptly. I opted for the Fish and chips and my girlfriend chose the grilled marinated chicken. We also ordered the Lumpia appetizers as this delectable Filipino food is good measure of what a chef can or can't do. The 3 pieces of lumpia came within minutes and was very good with a thumbs up from my filipina girlfriend. Within 10 to 15 minutes our entres arrived. My gosh....the fried fish was good....crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. Moreover the french fries were served hot - just the way I like them. My plate included a small side of tartar sauce, ketchup, and a small token salad. My girlfriend's chicken was flavorful, moist and tender (served with a side of rice). An enjoyable meal. The bill arrived and was just over 400 pesos ($9 U.S.)
In summary a truly fine dining experience and worthy of a recommendation. We will definitly consider going there again.

2  Thank Bob M

Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

This place is amazing! They have such delicious food and fast service! We had
-Garlic bread (5stars)
-Grilled Fish (5stars)
-Shepard's Pie (5stars)
Dessert
-halo halo (5stars)
-chocolate shake(5stars)
Service is kind
Place is clean (flies are around but that's understandable given that windows and door is open-air conditioning isn't available)

Over all I definitely recommend and will come back!

1  Thank Divina F
Reviewed November 2, 2016 via mobile

This place was recommended by our serviced apt host and we were not disappointed. The owner is Dutch and was very pleasant- engaging us in small talk & explained the benefits of Naspri water. It's also a free wifi zone. Aside from ala carte menu, they also had pre-cooked food choices. For dinner I had a BLT salad which with balsamic dressing while the kids had pasta. Serving sizes were just right and great flavors. We returned for breakfast the next day.

2  Thank CV S
Reviewed June 29, 2016

Good standard cafe makes a Good alternative to other resturaunts you find in dumagete and not as far to travel with easy parking and access someone has tried to make the building more attractive and modern good job. The service was good and the food freshly prepared worth a try will visit again and try other items on extensive menu which could be slightly too large decor and furniture very good above average. Rating excellent for Valencia only one other cafe on a par

1  Thank Jimbo7242
Reviewed December 17, 2015

I gave the restaurant a couple of tries and I find the food inconsistent. Some dishes are okay and some dishes are nothing better than what a bachelor could make in a frypan. The serving staff are sweet and polite but poorly trained on how to serve.

The best part is an endless supply of free mineral water and it is not a popular place for the local expatriate alcoholic crowd ie no loud foul mouth Americans. Whoever runs the music box has a good taste in music.

The most annoying thing is the Dutch owner of the place. If you are a return visitor and he is not busy he will invite himself to your table, sit himself down and you will have to endure him going on and on about how dumb Filipinos are and about how great he is.