All reviews basketball court fire pit full size fridge studio suite central illinois great place to stay separate bedroom workout room home away from home hot breakfast other hotels in the area excellent stay hotel stay living area indoor pool fitness center decatur forsyth
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was here for two days as a chaperone with a show choir group. From the AMAZING check-in experience (never had a hotel so organized and prepared for our group) to the painless check-out, there simply wasn't one thing I would change. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome (with my apologies for getting back at 1 in the morning after the competition... It's tough to keep 40 high school kids quiet!). Great breakfast (Kept well stocked), and very useful conference room... I could go on forever. My special thanks to the check-in person, the manager, and the maids. Everyone made us feel at home.

The hotel is also in a great location - Right next to a mall and many dining options.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NelPit
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Great Suite Hotel. Great breakfast and great staff. This is the best place to stay in the Decatur area

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I arrived on Friday December 15, 2011 and stayed for the weekend. The first thing I noticed was the pleasant christmas type scent in the lobby upon entering. The check in was easy and the King sized bedroom with separate living room and kitchenette was decent sized and well appointed. The swimming pool and hot tub were both very warm. The shower area in the swimming area was especially nice to rinse off. Each morning there was a full catered hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes, coffee, juice, pastries, biscuts and gravy along with fruit toppings. The dining area had nice sized chairs and tables that were comfortable along with several tv's tuned to different stations. We did notice that some guests had some of their "friends or family" that lived in the area come to the hotel to join them for breakfast which I thought was taking advantage inappropriately in some cases. We also liked the fact that it was easy to get a cart to haul luggage up to your room.

The only thing that could be better is to have larger trash cans in the hallway near the elevator as I had to throw out alot of paper etc. each day and the trash cans were way too small. We noticed a few bags of garbage placed next to the can by other guests probably because there wasn't enough space--but this was a very small concern as it was picked up pretty quickly by staff.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Great people, friendly, great rooms, clean, great food. One of the nicest places I have stayed in years. I almost hated to go home. Almost.

Room Tip: Front of building is better, there were some "folks" in the parking lot after bars closed.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2011

This hotel is first class and very clean. The staff is very friendly and the hotel manager Kassie Landry was very helpful and ready to help visitors at the drop of a hat. The breakfast (complimentary) was excellent. We were there 4 days and it was a first class experience

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple