“Only place we'll stay in Decatur-Forsyth” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth

Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Forsyth
“Only place we'll stay in Decatur-Forsyth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Only one word to describe this hotel - AWESOME! We made reservations at another local hotel because we didn't realize that this hotel (which we've stayed at before) was just as close to the golf course our son was playing on. We literally walked in the day of arrival, made a reservation, went up to the room, and canceled our reservation at the other hotel. Beautiful place, awesome staff, and very spacious rooms, great value, good breakfast, too! You won't be disappointed staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank carabn1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stay at this hotel often because I have a work project that frequently brings me to Decatur, IL. For your money, this is the best value in the region. Some of the other nearby hotels may have more attractive room rates, but they definitely don't provide breakfast, dinner & weeknight happy hours for hotel guests. Not gonna lie, I'm disappointed when the HW is full & I have to stay at the Hampton across the mall parking lot (I'm Hilton-loyal due to work travel locations). The staff is wonderful - couldn't ask for a better "travel family". Plus the hotel is conveniently located next door to several miles of running trails, the gym has great equipment (& is usually empty) and the pool/hot tub are always clean. Each of the rooms also come equipped with kitchenettes (stovetop, microwave & a fridge) and DVD players which is a nice touch. Not to mention that they have an outdoor patio with a mini basketball court, fire pit & gas grills. My job brings me to some off-the-beaten-path locations & this is hands-down the nicest hotel I get to stay in when I travel for work. A+

Room Tip: I like to stay on the 1st floor near the gym but those rooms can occasionally be loud if there's...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I had stayed at the Homewood Suites in Forsythe about 3 years ago and found it to be a great stay. I was pleased that it has remained a great hotel. Like all Homewood Suites, it offers an evening meal during the week and a hot breakfast every morning as part of the room package. We booked a one room suite and received one on the first floor. We went out to dinner, because we arrived too late for the evening meal. When we returned we found that the room above us apparently had small children that were racing around the room, from the living space, into the bedroom and bathroom, through the kitchen and into the living room. Normally this dies down by bedtime and is only a minor issue. However, we were trying to get to sleep early, because the next day we were leaving early to get home in front of a massive snow storm. I can’t believe how helpful the front desk was in getting us into another room. I don’t remember the name of the person at the desk, but she was one of the most compassionate and helpful people I have met during a hotel stay. Both rooms that we saw were spotless and all the amenities worked – TVs, microwave, fridge, stove. The price was a bargain for the quality of this hotel. We’ll be back next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
albany, il
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We are currently staying at the Homewood Suites while our two toddler children while my husband is in town for business. Amazing staff. Great food. Love the rooms. Nothing at all to complain about!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

I was here for two days as a chaperone with a show choir group. From the AMAZING check-in experience (never had a hotel so organized and prepared for our group) to the painless check-out, there simply wasn't one thing I would change. They bent over backwards to make us feel welcome (with my apologies for getting back at 1 in the morning after the competition... It's tough to keep 40 high school kids quiet!). Great breakfast (Kept well stocked), and very useful conference room... I could go on forever. My special thanks to the check-in person, the manager, and the maids. Everyone made us feel at home.

The hotel is also in a great location - Right next to a mall and many dining options.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank NelPit
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

Great Suite Hotel. Great breakfast and great staff. This is the best place to stay in the Decatur area

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

I arrived on Friday December 15, 2011 and stayed for the weekend. The first thing I noticed was the pleasant christmas type scent in the lobby upon entering. The check in was easy and the King sized bedroom with separate living room and kitchenette was decent sized and well appointed. The swimming pool and hot tub were both very warm. The shower area in the swimming area was especially nice to rinse off. Each morning there was a full catered hot breakfast including eggs, sausage, waffles, pancakes, coffee, juice, pastries, biscuts and gravy along with fruit toppings. The dining area had nice sized chairs and tables that were comfortable along with several tv's tuned to different stations. We did notice that some guests had some of their "friends or family" that lived in the area come to the hotel to join them for breakfast which I thought was taking advantage inappropriately in some cases. We also liked the fact that it was easy to get a cart to haul luggage up to your room.

The only thing that could be better is to have larger trash cans in the hallway near the elevator as I had to throw out alot of paper etc. each day and the trash cans were way too small. We noticed a few bags of garbage placed next to the can by other guests probably because there wasn't enough space--but this was a very small concern as it was picked up pretty quickly by staff.

Room Tip: Choose rooms away from the elevator
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Forsyth
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Decatur
Fairfield Inn Forsyth Decatur
10.0 km away
Decatur Conference Center and Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Decatur-Forsyth? Share your experiences!