“Always driven past, glad we stopped!”

Lion Hotel Llandinam
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Llandinam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I travel to Wales regularly and see many places of interest. On air journey home this past weekend we decided to stop to eat at the Lion. Staff were very welcoming and friendly. Even though we hadn't booked for Sunday lunch they found us a seat and the service was first rate. Polite, quick and the meal was amazing. 2 courses for £18.95 each, you can choose either a starter or dessert with your main meal. We chose roast beef main and a dessert. We were full to bursting and the quality of all the food and drink was excellent! Just enough of everything, tasty and cooked perfectly. I highly recommend the cheese board for dessert or the rubarb and strawberry cheese cake with coconut icecream!! It made our journey. We will be visiting again!!

1  Thank Sally M

Reviewed August 1, 2016 via mobile

Found the Lion Hotel through trip advisor. I needed to book somewhere for lunch and I live over 2hrs away, so I wasn't familiar with the area. - Despite the distance, I will DEFINITELY be going back there. Everything about the meal was perfect and delicious. The staff were friendly and professional, service was very quick. I really couldn't fault it.
I'd recommend booking. I don't know what it's like during the week, but I think you'd have trouble getting a table as a walk in on Sunday.

Reviewed July 27, 2016

This place is about 5 mins walk from a holiday cottage we had rented for a week in mid wales. On our first night we thought "let's try the local pub" - this was an absolute revelation (and we'll be visiting again before the week is out!)

Service and food are high-standard fine-dining, but in a more relaxed and informal atmosphere. There is nothing words can say about the experience it was fantastic, local fayre, prepared and cooked to perfection. The best fillet steak I've had for a very long time,pork belly with a thin but crispy crackling making it enjoyable to eat without being difficult to eat.

Desserts were amazing.

Only criticism has to be that they charge for table water (some of the charge goes to charity and the option is there for sparkling).

Bill for mains, desserts and drinks came to about £28/head, which is amazing value for food of this standard.

Reviewed July 19, 2016

WOW what wonderful food , choice amazing. All home-cooked and prepared. Four of us eating and we all had clean plates . Restaurant was pretty full and what made us all chuckle was that everybody was uttering noises of pleasure when eating , not just us all in the restaurant . What a shame we didnt find this little gem before. We did try to book a room but they were fully booked

1  Thank Wendy H
Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

Stayed at the lion this week host is great rooms very clean and comfortable and the home cooked food is off the scale wow I've been working away for 20 years and must be the best food I've had and the breakfast is like man vs food great place very peaceful great staff nothing to much trouble and can't wait to drop in again when I'm in the area great job guys

1  Thank wayne1972