“Good food”
Review of Hog's Breath Cafe

Hog's Breath Cafe
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed February 12, 2017

Meals and the service is always of a high quality but the price just seems a bit over the top.
We can get great steak at our local and pay less, but, it's still a nice place to eat as a once off thing.

Reviewed February 11, 2017 via mobile

I visited the hogs breath cafe with my girlfriend after a visit to the cinema on a Saturday evening, which is across the street in Victoria point.
We booked a table the night before, and the booking was read back to us, taking our mobile number also.
When we were at the cinema, I noticed the time of the film was finishing 15 mins after our booking time, so we rang the hogs breath cafe to change the booking to 15 mins later, only to be informed we didn't have a booking!
They told us they were very busy but were accommodating enough to find us a table. Not a good start.

We turned up on time, but the table wasn't quite ready for another 5 minutes,No dramas.
We sat down and ordered a starter ( cheesey garlic bread ) yum yum and a bottle of beer each, which came quickly .
The waitress was very young (16-18?) as are most that work here,and although polite enough was still learning the ropes and had "p" plates on her badge lol.
It was very busy in the restaurant with staff rushing with food to various table constantly. As it was my first time there,we ordered our main courses not really understanding the menu( this was later explained to us as we left by the nice manager), we both ordered a sirloin steak with different sauces and salads.
After what seemed like the best part of an hour, our main courses arrived, we had to ask for cutlery as there was only a steak knife on the table. The food was tastier than it looked , my girlfriend asked the waitress if she had the right salad ( she was expecting coleslaw, but got rocket ) maybe our misunderstanding as the Waitress didn't know much about the food?
There were both small portions on the plate, but that was just enough for us not to feel too full, this made room for a desert each. I ordered sticky date pudding and I have to say it was delicious, my girlfriend had rocky road sundae which she described as " beautiful ".
As we were settling the bill, the manager, a big friendly guy, talked us through our bill and made suggestions to us for next time, giving us a loyalty card with 6 stamps to get,to earn 25% off every meal after you qualify , nice touch.

Ok, I think this review was a fair one and i WOULD go back again, but I just think the training of staff could be a little more polished from the start,the food was not outstanding, but good enough. We paid our bill , which was higher than we would normally pay $95 , for 2x small steaks, 2x fries ,2x salads 2x bottled beers and 2x $10 deserts.

Overall 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

Reviewed January 21, 2017 via mobile

My wife and our running group recently stopped in to have dinner here. Meals came out pretty quick considering we had over 20 at our table. I had the hickory steak, it was cooked well. My wife had salmon but it was slightly overcooked but we were given a discount because of this. Overall it was a pleasant experience, we would return.

Reviewed December 25, 2016 via mobile

Dined here for lunch with Family did not have to make booking had a choice of indoor or outdoor dinning. Fast service for drinks and food. Only disappointment was my sons meal which was a bit of steak and salad which was very plain and uninteresting for the price we paid

Reviewed December 20, 2016

Had a very good meal served promptly,staff very attentive had steak and ribs steak could have been on grill a touch longer, but still quite nice