DeSoto House Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Galena
See available hotels
Worldmark Galena(Galena)
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsparking garagegreen street taverncourtyard restaurantmain streetgeneral's restaurantdeb bertucciroot beeroldest hotelhistorical hotelsusan babraham lincolnheart of downtowncorner roomwithin walking distancetrolley ridequiet roommy husband and i
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I spent our anniversary weekend here. We had a great time. Our room was very nice and overlooked Main Street. We liked being able to leave our car in the parking garage and walk to our favorite places. We ate 3 meals at the hotel and found the food and service to be excellent. We are already planning a return trip.

1  Thank Doc531
DominiqueCross, General Manager at DeSoto House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Reading your review made my day! Congratulations on your anniversary, and Thank You for staying with us. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurants, too. Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My girlfriend and I spent 3 days in the Stephen Donaldson room, we had a king-size bed and a terrific view of downtown Galena. Staff was courteous and breakfasts at the hotel were delicious. Great location from which to go shopping during the day and dining at night. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank frank k

Thank you for your kind words! Glad you enjoyed your time with us, and please visit again.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

my wife and I spent 3 lovely days over valentines day week. we stayed in room 318. It was very nice and always clean .we ate breakfast every morning in the courtyard restaurant. the server was great. we did not wait for service or food. we had valentines dinner at hote. The green street food was good and fast service. I only missed the panio player that was listed on valintines day package .we had a great time shopping in town and seeing the sites. we will come back again.

1  Thank larksmail
DominiqueCross, General Manager at DeSoto House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2012

Thank you for coming and spending Valentine's Day with us. I'm happy you enjoyed yourselves and will be back!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Grant Suite for a two night Valentines celebration. The room, staff and hotel was excellent. Thank you for the wine and glasses! The history of the room and its namesake was humbling. At the same time having a flawless wireless internet connection felt futuristic. Back to the Future...

Within easy walking of the hotel lobby are many fine shops and excellent restaurants. The parking garage is right next door, connected to the hotel. It was easy for us to take a couple of touring trips around Galena. Everyone we met was enjoyable and interesting to talk with.

Oh, be sure to stop in the hotel library/study and watch the videos on the hotel and Galena history. Well worth the time.

Fabulous getaway!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

So glad you chose to celebrate Valentine's Day with us at the DeSoto House. I'm happy that you enjoyed the convenience of being downtown and were able to experience Galena's Historic district. Thank you, and please visit again.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I visited historic Galena for our anniversary and we loved it. We stayed in the Grant Suite overlooking downtown. Upon our check-in there was a bottle of Champagne on ice and two glasses ready for us in the room. I had also bought a few extra items which were delivered to the hotel and were also in our room for her. We enjoyed a great Mardi Gras weekend with a pub crawl to most of the downtown bars and then back to our beautiful room. Even though the General's Restaurant was still closed, the food was great. We highly suggest the DeSoto House Hotel. We also heard they have a few haunted events coming up this Summer and Fall, so we plan on going back.

Room Tip: Room 213 ... the Grant Suite.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
DominiqueCross, General Manager at DeSoto House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

So glad that we were able to be a part of your Anniversary weekend! Thanks for your kind words, we're looking forward to seeing you again. Thanks again!