“Great Atmosphere!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Ph:
Reviewed October 23, 2018 via mobile

We sisnt get the opportunity to eat here but the pizza smelled amazing and all the food we saw come out looked amazing! This was our final stop on our haunted pub crawl so were there for the "spirits" (pun intended!). The bar area had a fun atmosphere- there was karaoke and everyone was having a great time! We stopped there again the next day to watch part of the Iowa game and sat at the bar for a couple beers. The bartenders were busy but were still very friendly and visited with us. If I lived in the area it would be a place we would go to quite often.
The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 was because we didn't eat the food.

Reviewed October 22, 2018 via mobile

We like this place, but today was unfortunate. Texas BBQ burger came with no BBQ sauce. They brought some out,5 minutes later. Wife's Bacon cheeseburger, arrived with no bacon. 5 MORE minutes later, a plateful mound of undercooked bacon was brought to us. An unexpected unfortunate lunch out

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We stopped here our first night in town to watch a baseball game and ended up returning the following night for another game due to the quick service and smiling faces.

Reviewed October 22, 2018

We walked endlessly up and down Main Street trying to find a place that was child friendly. Many restaurants in Galena don't have children's menus. We were so hungry that we just decided to stop in Gobbies and I am glad that we did. My husband and I both ordered chicken sandwiches and we got an appetizer size of chicken fingers for my son (since they didn't have anything smaller or a kids menu). Our sandwiches came with a fresh salad with a nice raspberry dressing and the most amazing deep fried pizza dough balls & marinara sauce. The sandwiches were both amazing (I got BBQ Bacon), the bread was so fresh and soft. My son declared his chicken fingers were "yucky" but he is 3 so take it with a grain of salt. He did eat a few bites. I think the harder/crunchier skin is what he didn't like.

Would visit again just for those dough balls!

Reviewed October 21, 2018 via mobile

We ordered a stuffed pizza, and it was excellent. Our server was super awesome, and the service was prompt. Obviously stuffed pizzas take longer, but I’ve waited a LOT longer for stuffed or deep dish that wasn’t as good elsewhere. Great atmosphere too.