“Have you tried the 1/2-pound Tavern burger or the oven roasted Reuben?”

The Market House Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 66 Restaurants in Galena
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At The Market House Restaurant we focus on the dinner table with homemade food like mom and grandma use to make. We are Family Run by three sisters and a brother and enjoy helping others to share in their good times. We hope you enjoy our quaint and friendly atmosphere and that your experience is one you'll never forget.
Reviewed August 22, 2017

Located in one of the oldest buildings in Galena, the Market House Restaurant at 204 Perry Street, on the cobblestones directly off Main Street at 120 North Main, has been serving delicious lunch and dinner fare for over 30 years. Originally established in 1982 at the corner of Perry and Commerce, Market House was relocated to its current address in 1984. Built in 1836, it is one of the oldest buildings in Galena, the Captain Reuben Brush Building, which is constructed of Galena brick. Sit in the main dining room and admire the original tin ceiling and a view of downtown Galena. Or sit at the mahogany bar and refresh yourself with one of many specialty drinks or a frosty mug of beer or a glass of fine wine. Or sample a cup of home-made soup or breaded dill pickle spears or grilled shrimp or almond breaded duck tenders in the Garden Room with its limestone and brick walls and live greenery and windows. My wife and I opted for a quick lunch, soup and sandwich. The 1/2-pound Tavern burger with onions and cheese and pickles and the oven roasted Reuben with sauerkraut and corned beef were highly recommended. They are original items from the 1982 restaurant, along with beer battered onion rings and the home-made Crab Louis salad, and after one taste it was obvious why they have been so popular over the years. In Galena, with so much competitive for tourist dollars, you have to be good. And Market House has been good for more that 30 years.

Reviewed August 14, 2017 via mobile

Our family of 5 had dinner this past weekend here. It was some of the best food I had in a long time! My husband's steak was cooked perfectly, the ribs just fall off the bone and are delicious, and the seafood platter was outstanding especially the salmon! Huge menu with lots of options for add-ons. Hardest part was trying to decide what to have cause it all sounded delicious. I highly recommend this place! My 6 and 9 year olds loved it with the coloring pages and crackers to snack on too!

Reviewed August 12, 2017

This is the 2nd time Ive been to Galena and I love it! 1st time I went by motorcycle with friends last year. Really enjoy the nostalgia. As for the Market House it was a Awesome affordable place to dine in. It is run by 3 sisters and a brother and they had really delicious burgers. I had the half pound tavern burger with chedder cheese and sweet potato fries. It came also with a crab seafood salad which was also delicious. I was on a budget but they have other delicious foods that I was not ready to order. Due take advantage of their linguine pasta that is meatless and with red marinara sauce that is all you can eat for $10 on every Saturday from 4pm til 9 pm

Reviewed July 30, 2017

We enjoyed our food here and the service was excellent and friendly. Chicken pot pie and crab louis for dinner. Quite moderately priced. Wish I would have skipped another restaurant and went here a second time while in town.

Reviewed July 29, 2017 via mobile

We have eaten here several times over the years and have never had a bad meal. I always get the Cabernet burger and my husband gets the black and blue burger. Both are wonderful! The fried pickle spears are yummy. They have a great menu with many options . I also always get their drink the " poopy puppy " is a must whenever in Galena. Reading past reviews about the service suprises me !!! We have always had great service !!! We will definitely be returning.