“Don't miss the coffee cake.....”
Review of Otto's Place

Otto's Place
Ranked #1 of 65 Restaurants in Galena
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Breakfast and Lunch
Waverly, Iowa
“Don't miss the coffee cake.....”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This might be one of the best breakfasts I've ever had, outside of a few of my own home cooked creations. I ordered an omelet with sausage, peppers, and onions. It was light and airy, not at all greasy, and had the perfect mix of eggs vs veg vs meat. My daughter had a basic eggs and toast. She commented that this is the first time she's ever asked for over medium and BOTH eggs came back that way. Oh, and the coffee cake. We got the last piece of the day, and I feel unbelievably fortunate that we did. This was divine. The owners were attentive yet not troublesome, and my coffee cup was never empty. Skip all the downtown restaurants and go to Otto's for breakfast. DELISH!

1 Thank Wanger1969

Chicago, Illinois
“Way to go Otto!”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This building has the character and quaintness to make this a unique spot. The food is wonderful and plenty of it.

• Visited January 2012
Quad Cities, IL
“Best Breakfast I've Ever Had in Galena”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My Husband is a breakfast lover. I'm so glad I suggested we try Otto's Place. After reading all the reviews, I knew we had to try it. We went on January 2nd, after a long weekend stay for the holiday. The food was fantastic and service was good. Very cozy atmosphere, we sat upstairs. I would like to have dinner next time.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Kimber23
Dubuque, IA
“Great menu Excellent Service”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

No off the truck frozen food served here.All food fresh and served with pleasant old town charm.
We had Breakfast all three of us ordered something different and all was excellent.
Friendly Place

1 Thank Gerald122
Indian Head Park, IL
“Great food in a cozy setting”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband, two friends, and I ventured to Otto's for Sunday breakfast and I'm now planning to be a regular on every trip we make to Galena. Otto's menu offers breakfast and lunch. It is not a large menu but rather one chosen to offer good foods in fresh and healthy ways. Some options are organic; many are local sources. I loved the banana french toast (light and delicious) with great maple bacon.
The atmosphere is that of an old restored building but with warm beautiful woods, artful pieces and some comfy areas with couches for those who prefer to stop for coffee or a light snack. The restaurant is two stories and the second floor is worth the stairs for its more open space and bright views. The location is on the east side of the Galena River which is away from the main shopping area so parking is easy across the railroad tracks in a large town lot just steps away . Directly across the street is the town's visitor center in an old railroad station.

• Visited February 2012

Been to Otto's Place? Share your experiences!