“Amazing Fresh Pressed OJ and Eggs Benedict ”
Review of The Golden Hen Cafe - CLOSED

The Golden Hen Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

Came here the last day of our vacation! Saw they had an OJ machine and got one. It was amazing! I got the eggs Benedict and my mom got the vegetarian skillet. The Benedict was great. It came out to be $30.00 for the meal, which seemed a bit spendy. But I really enjoyed the meal and oj!

Reviewed May 1, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were in Galena to celebrate our anniversary and decided on this place for lunch, so disappointed. We were seated at a table in a book by the window, very tight fit, there were insects and cobwebs in the window, a fork, as well as, food scraps on the floor, the bathrooms were filthy. My husband ordered a burger that was undercooked, I ordered a corned beef and swiss, which cost almost $10, it was a cold lunch meat sandwich with cheese that was old. There are many, many place to dine in Galena and I suggest going elsewhere.

Reviewed April 22, 2017

We had a lovely old fashioned lunch here.Good service in a great old building. Don't expect anything fancy, but fairly priced and good food.

Reviewed April 18, 2017

We were there on a quiet Sunday morning for a breakfast before we hit the road back home and were quite pleased we decided to go back downtown. The orange juice was amazing, very fresh! We had a great table right by the window. Awesome food!

Reviewed March 29, 2017

We headed into Galena to check out Main Street and wanted to grab some lunch. Too bad we settled on this place. The service was slow and a bit less than friendly, but the food was just really bad. Got the Mediterranean plate and the steak was BLEAH. Our started salads were pretty basic. The chicken parm was nasty and weird. Really can't say enough to warn you off this place. Go ANYWHERE else to eat.