“To go”
Review of Beijing Buffet

Beijing Buffet
Ranked #45 of 68 Restaurants in Galena
Reviewed July 4, 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel next to this restaurant and decided to give it a whirl we drove 4 hours to get here but we love Chinese they didn’t have a lot out yet because it was not peak dinner hours but brought out hot fresh food then I decided to take 2 meals to go went back to the hotel to end the night prices were fair and the staff was nice

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed June 22, 2018

Good Chinese. Take out was fast and hot. extra care in packing for takeout. Great black pepper Chicken/

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We were visiting Galena and just felt like Chinese food. We picked this one because it was the only one in town. It was a typical Chinese buffet. The place was clean and the bathroom was clean as well. It was pouring rain and the hot tea warmed me up. It is on highway 20 and not in the historic district. Plenty of free parking. It was a solid buffet at a reasonable price.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant is clean, and the service was decent. The food, however, was not great. It was not necessarily bad, but the quality was lacking on some of the dishes. The bourbon chicken was mostly grizzle, and the steak was tough. My wife enjoyed the crab meat, and I enjoyed the chicken broccoli. All other offerings were average. The cake desserts were not fresh, but the balance of the dessert bar was good. I recommend the banana pudding. The price was reasonable. We frequently visit this area and are on the fence about whether a return is likely.

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Imadork2
Reviewed February 18, 2018

Had hoped we found a Chinese place in town for when family comes (they all love to have this choice for dinner out). It won't be here...have heard better restaurant in Dubuque (will have to check that out). It wasn't late on a Sunday evening, because we were going to grocery in the shopping center next door after our meal. We tried the buffet, which wasn't well stocked or hot. But we were the second couple in the place...it was empty. Possibly due to other write-ups that it has changed ownership. They were making pot-stickers there in the front of the eating area--not in the kitchen. I thought those would have good flavor...no. I couldn't finish the Sweet/sour soup--not good. The items on the buffet needed to be stirred and kept hot--but they were too busy making the pot-stickers to pay attention to the buffet. I feel lucky to not get sick per other write-ups. Won't be going back there.

Date of visit: January 2018

Been to Beijing Buffet? Share your experiences!