“good food - decent atmosphere”

Frank O'Dowd's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Frank O'Dowd's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Galena
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: HWY 20 (3/4 mi from Main Street)
Description: Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day every day at Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub & Grill. The beating heart of The Irish Cottage Boutique Hotel, the Pub’s rich ornate interior, designed and handcrafted in Ireland, embraces an earlier time.The menu includes American favorites mixed with several iconic Irish dishes. Start with an expanded selection of appetizers. Meat and potatoes lovers will enjoy selecting entrees featuring fish, chicken and beef. While those seeking a taste of the “Old Sod” will delight in homemade Shepherd’s Pie or Hand Breaded Fish ‘N’ Chips.
Reviewed November 7, 2018

The fish sandwiches were good as well as the chicken kabobs with a pineapple glaze were wonderful. We'd go again for certain

Reviewed November 6, 2018

My husband and I were hungry so we each ordered the fish and chips. We tasted the oil rather than the fish which was plentiful but thin pieces. The entertainment was very good. First, two Irish dancers and then a duet of violin and guitar. Our waitress Kathryn was attentive and personable. I only wish I had ordered a whiskey rather than the Guiness but that was my choice.

Reviewed November 3, 2018 via mobile

I had shepherds pie. The pie was good but not great. My wife had hamburger, also was good but not great. The service was acceptable. The beer I had was very good. I would not recommend.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

The food was excellent, and the live music and atmosphere makes you feel as if you're actually in Ireland!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018

The Irish Cottage offers good Irish favorites along with sandwiches, steaks and fish. Fish and chips are good. Try one of the Irish dishes.

Date of visit: October 2018