“Tierra Linda an Escape from the rush”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galena
Tierra Linda Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 32 Galena B&B and Inns
West Chicago, Illinois
“Tierra Linda an Escape from the rush”
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Armando is an excellent host, friendly guide and a good cook too. Tierra Linda is a quaint 1870's farm house and property that he has put a lot time and energy into making it into a beautiful escape. My wife and I needed to relax and unwind. We found it a perfect blend to relax between our jaunts into Galena and the surrounding countryside. We didn't bring our dogs or our daughter, but are looking to return with both

Room Tip: El Sol is the better room as it has a private bath/shower. La Luna only has a tub with a hand held s...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Bradley, Illinois
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Canine paradise! My mom and dad took me to this heavenly place called Tierra Linda..in Galena IL. My tiny tail is still wagging as I day dream of my adventures in this beautiful place. I am a big dog trapped in the nine pound body of a Minniature Pinscher, this did not matter to DaPuppies of this very special B&B. You see Willow and Tyran are huge compared to me...but they are so respectful of my tiny stature, another dog called Lola was also visiting...she was very big too...but I think that the inn keeper Armando is perhaps a magican. You see in his presence all dogs really do go to heaven! He cooks delicious soup just for the dogs..EVERY DAY.We get to be off our leashes (yep..me too and I don't even know how to come at home when called...I am still very young,okay mom says stubborn) we run free and explore,we have Bon fires and cook over them,we play and laugh,go to the beach....oh my gosh....no one wants to leave when the trip is over. I got to sleep in the comfy bed in oor room...we left the windows open all night and heard the most amazing sounds. Oh so peaceful. My mom and dad took pictures that are beautiful of this mystical place...but said that I cannot share them because they are our little secret..so many secrets at this place! Armando fed my parents well too..I know because they shared with all of the lucky dogs who were there! I missed all my new friends...but we are all going back again! Thank you for your big heart and wonderful company Armando and DaPuppies too! We love you and your home!

Room Tip: Both are good!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Illinois
Reviewed 9 October 2011

TierraLinda where beauty abounds and you are treated like family from the moment you enter this magical paradise. Everyone should escape to TierraLinda and step back to simpler times where they can explore nature at its finest and relax with the most charming and entertaining inn keeper in all of Galena Territory. There's no place like home ...except TierraLinda. For those of you who may consider traveling with a dog ...I can say that you will not find finer accommodations for you furry loved one. TierraLinda is like heaven for them. DaPuppies of the inn will be just as gracious and entertaining for your traveling furry companions. So many secrets and so much fun await you in this "Beautiful Land"..A MUST EXPERIENCE !! Thank you Armando and DaPuppies for sharing your small piece of heaven with us!!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We had searched the Galena area trying to find a place to stay with our Standard Schnauzer. At first we didn't think we could find a place because most we found had such restrictions on weight or where the dog could be, we were feeling that there wasn't any place for us. Then we found Tierra Linda. The reviews that had been posted looked promising, and when we arrived, we were greeted by Armando and his Puppies, Willow and Terran. Normally, living in the city, our dog is rarely off leash. After introducing our dog to his, we took a walk through the property and realized that this was the ideal place to go. Armando is a wonderful host, and we engaged ourselves with conversation on a variety of topics either by the bonfire in the early evening, or later on in the evening inside the family room. We highly recommend this place to anyone visiting the Galena area traveling with their canine friend(s).

Room Tip: There are two rooms, we chose the El Sol. The room has plenty of windows and we slept through the ni...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Quad City, IL
Reviewed 13 September 2011

and they can happen to you!

My name Is LuLu. I am a one year old, 10 pounds poodle mix and I love Tierra Linda. Mostly, I love Willow. She is my new BBF. Willow is a 2 year old, 90 pound Airedale but don’t be intimidated by her size because she is a gentle giant. This is my second time to Tierra Linda and thankfully my folks love Tierra Linda as much as I do and so we visited again for a second time. Willow (much like the human host, Armando) is the best host ever! Willow took me on long, endless walks along the trails to the pond and the amphitheater, through the sea of gold all the way to the edge of the forest. Along the way she introduced me to hummingbirds, swallows, sunflowers, frogs and turtles and she played with me while my folks just relaxed…a much needed respite for them. At night we watched the sun set and all of us hung out around the campfire together. It was nothing short of paradise. Fellow canine friends…check out my photos and then take your family to Tierra Linda. Just say that LuLu sent you.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Great place, had a wonderful tme... it was my first trip with my 2 yr. Black lab. Wish it was closer to home!

We got in, 8/31, around 4:30 pm, got in an evening swim in the pond with the dog... Amazing!!!! Then around the bonfire for crustini (mmmm and he added garlic for me).

The next 2 days were exactly what I needed. Just relaxing with a good book and swimming with the dog. I brought steaks and Armondo cooked them with some sweet corn on the cob over the firepit and brats the second night.

Armondo's dog, Willow, was extremely polite and friendly. The dogs hit it off and romped and played.

I know I'll be going back!

• Stayed September 2011
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 28 August 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Tierra Linda with host, Armando and his puppy, Willow. Armando is a charming fellow who made us feel at home from the start. The farmhouse is surrounded by rolling hills, weeping willows, a frog-filled pond and hummingbirds galore. Between delicious breakfasts and evening campfires under the stars, we found this the perfect weekend getaway (even though we don't have a dog).

Colleen and David