All reviews strip mall biscuits and gravy hot tub pool area great place to stay breakfast room whirlpool suite stay there again no elevator yogurt downtown galena the general manager my husband and i hard boiled eggs free breakfast exercise room staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a night away. It was very clean and quiet. It was located far enough away from the hectic downtown but close enough for a quick drive over. We did miss breakfast because it ended at 9am, it was a Monday, but it was not mentioned to us upon checkin so it was our fault.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lyndon H, Guest Relations at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2018

Dear amorano,

Thank you for choosing to be our guest and for this stellar review! We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed our clean and quiet guest rooms. We apologize that breakfast times were not mentioned to you and will make sure to remind our front desk staff to include that when giving out check-in information. We hope to have the opportunity to better serve you again in the future.

Lyndon H.
Stoney Creek Guest Relations

Reviewed November 5, 2018 via mobile

Booked a king deluxe room 2.5mknths before my stay and tried to see if I could get an early check in upon arrival and they said they had moved me to a two double bed room. After many house and calls into management they finally got me into a king room in the afternoon.... In which the toilet ran constantly and didn't flush. I called front desk to have them fix it and when I arrived back to the room at 11 at night it still wasn't fixed. I called again and they said they seen there was 2 calls in that the toilet wasn't working.... I'm assuming that means the person before me had complained as well and yet they still gave me a room with a broken toilet that couldn't be used!!!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carole S, General Manager at Stoney Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2018

We want to apologize that you didn't have an enjoyable experience this last weekend at our hotel. I have reviewed your comments with our management team and we are looking into this matter in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at carole.shutts@stoneycreekhotels.com.
We hope that you will be able to give us another chance to show you our true meaning of guest experience should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2018 via mobile

I booked the deluxe king with bunk bed room for a one night stay with my husband fir his birthday and our anniversary. We walked into the room and that was no queen. I highly doubt it was even a queen. My husband called the front desk to see if there was a room with a bigger bed and there wasn't. The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable and we slept terrible that night. When we checked out we voiced our disappointment and we were informed that type of room I booked doesn't even exist. No apologies or offering to make it right. Very disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We want to apologize for the confusion on the room type you had confirmed with us during your recent stay. All our bunkbed rooms have a queen size bed and not a king size bed. With that being said, we did discover there was an issue on our website which has now been corrected. If you have a moment, could you please reach out to me directly at carole.shutts@stoneycreekhotels.com so we can discuss in more detail.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

The accessible room was truly accessible with a roll in shower and grip bars in sensible places. The room was very clean, comfortable beds, and the decor was super cute and homey. The front desk staff was very helpful and accommodating. It's the small details like this that makes for a stress-free stay for those with special needs!

Room tip: accessible rooms are truly accessible!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed October 28, 2018

We have stayed here most every time we come to Galena. We had a room with 2 beds. The room was clean. The bathroom has very limited counter space.
Check in and out was quick. The hotel offers a breakfast with both cold and hot items. It was kept clean and stocked with food. There is a nice pool area with a hot tub which felt good after a day of fishing.
There is a strip mall within walking distance with a Mexican restaurant and grocery store.
We would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple