If you are looking for a cozy, romantic weekend getaway, then you've found the right place! While the hotel is located right in the middle of shopping, restaurants (and even a bit of traffic/main streets), once you step inside, all of your cares and worries just float away! We loved the lobby -- very quaint and quite impressive! -- truly a wonderful boutique hotel. We stayed on the first floor near the Spa in a room with a king-sized bed, over-sized jacuzzi tub, glass shower, and gas fireplace. The patio opened up directly to the Fox River and we couldn't believe just how close the water was as we stepped outside! Though a busy street (complete with bridge over the river) was just yards away with traffic zooming by, the sound of the rushing water was more than relaxing and seemed to keep that busy 'outside world' far enough away to forget your worries. We even slept with our screen door open to enjoy the sound of the babbling water as we fell asleep. (A room facing the river is highly recommended, as the other rooms face the parking lot and would highly detract from the 'getaway/relaxing' feeling you're seeking.) The spa services were wonderful and everyone was very kind & professional. We enjoyed the couples aromatherapy massage and even had the Spa draw a relaxing aromatherapy salt bath in our room (you can choose from a variety of baskets containing various scents and salts)...and they prepare everything for you for a very minimal fee. The milk and chocolate chip cookies were a wonderful touch with the turn-down service, too! The cookies were very thick (almost like a biscuit) and ooey, gooey warm! And we can't speak highly enough of Atwater's for an amazing dinner. This is definitely an excellent winter destination due to the almost cave-like warmth the hotel provides... very low, soft lighting, comforting touches to the decor and an overall air of coziness truly abounds! We will definitely return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva