“Still noisy”

Ranked #13 of 155 Restaurants in Geneva
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

The last visit to The Patten House was delightful, sitting outside. The previous visit was inside and my review alluded to the very loud atmosphere. We were inside again and things have not changed. We found it hard to converse. However, the gumbo is still delicious and the Tuna Melt sandwich was very tasty. My daughter's Salmon Salad was a disappointment because the a salmon was overcooked and the portion was small. Next time outside again.

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

I am writing this review because I am still perplexed about the reason we were not seated after 35 minutes with a reservation! I want to start by saying I have eaten here before and it was good so I decided to bring the family here for a birthday party. I made reservations and we all arrived ahead of schedule and it was nothing but a disaster. The bar was packed so we all waited by the front door and the lady who seats people really had a chip on her shoulder that night. I kept asking her how long it would be and she was rude and really couldn't answer why we weren't being seated. We had one less person show up but we're still a party of 9! Finally after 40 minutes she tried to seat us at a small round table that had been open since we arrived. I told her that nine people would be too crowded there and I did the right thing by making a reservation. I am not sure what the problem was but after 40 minutes we had had enough. We finally left and went to restaurant in St. Charles and had a wonderful time.

2  Thank pthurow
Reviewed May 27, 2018

We enjoyed our dining at the Patten House. Lots of history but more importantly excellent food and service.

Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Rarely do I rate 5 because everything should be close to perfect in order to earn that rating. The Patten House deserves it.
We started with the Mac and Cheese which my wife ordered and I️ wasn’t thrilled with the selection. I️ have to say that was the best Mac and cheese I’ve ever had. No doubt about it. It was Cajun style and definitely non traditional. I️ then had the salmon which was cooked beautifully and she had the shrimp and avocado potato mash. The flavors & plating were phenomenal. The service was good and as a whole a great experience overall.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

My family of 10 was delighted by the Easter Brunch this past week. Service was pretty amazing, as they kept up filling our water and requests. For starters, we had the crab cakes and grits and the grill Brussel Sprouts. I had the prime rib... it was cooked to my specifications and was superb.

The pricing is probably one of more expensive restaurants in Geneva, however worth it. Budget minded folks should try the brunch menu as the pricing is a little less expensive.