“Good burgers poor service ”
Review of The Burger Local

The Burger Local
Ranked #7 of 159 Restaurants in Geneva
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

First time visit. Delicious food and beer but service was horrible. Good black bean burger and regular burger! Busy but expected better service

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in during Swedish Days. We had a wait but they gave us a pager and we wandered the fest. Great service! The buffalo deviled eggs were awesome. The French dip burger was huge and I brought half of it home. The onion rings are delicious and filling- I brought those home too. My son got the burger of the week and it looked good- he ate the whole thing. Other meals at the table were great. No complaints.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

The burgers are awesome. Love how juicy they are - always cooked to your preferred doneness. The fried foods are a bit too greasy - could use an extra bounce or two in the fry basket before serving. Beer selection is always a great offering which includes Penrose brewing - an in town brewery. Service is hit and miss - you’re either well taken care of or forgotten about. When it’s busy you’re getting good service. When it’s slow - it’s hard to get servers attention. If they stepped up the service game and stepped down on the greasiness of the fried items.... I would bounce back to 5 stars.

Oh, and they had these duck fat fries / tots... and you used to be able to get them with your burger as a side. They took that away and you’re forced to only order it as an appetizer. Sorry, but I don’t want fries with my burger AND have to buy a separate huge order of tots (which only taste good fresh - not ideal to take home and reheat). Hopefully the restaurant will read this and make improvements. I’ll be back, just nowhere near as often as other restaurants in the area.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank WGN5150
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Well what can we say-we l-o-v-e the burgers here! So fresh and juicy! Along with FUN cocktails and GREAT fries! Wow! My son commented the BEST burger (he had the one where the cheese is cooked inside) be warned don’t pick it up-cut it! he has EVER had! And the boy has eaten burgers all over. Looking for something a little different try the shrimp burger-it’s great! Next time, I want to try the lobster deviled eggs! Yum! Never disappointed with Burger Local!! Can’t wait to go back!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed June 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here for dinner. We called ahead but they do not take reservations for 2 people. There was a 20 minute wait. We ordered the Burger Local and added a fried egg, bacon and avocado. My husband and I split the 10 ounce burger. There is an extra charge for these items. The burger was tasty and filling. We ordered fries with the burger and they were good too. My husband enjoyed the strawberry shake and I had a beer. I can see why this place is popular. Good food at reasonable prices.

Date of visit: June 2018