“Consistently good food and service”
Review of Szechwan North

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Szechwan North
Ranked #53 of 173 Restaurants in Glenview
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This has been my "go to" place for Chinese takeout for many years. I was concerned the first time I saw there was a change in ownership but those concerns quickly dissipated. Szechwan North has a very extensive menu. You would be hard-pressed not to find something that suits your taste. My personal favorites are the General Tso's Chicken and the Szechwan Green Beans. I usually get takeout and the orders are always hot and accurate. A few times I have stayed and dined in. The fried wontons they bring you are deliciously addictive. Service has always been good. Employees have always been friendly on every visit.

Reviewed December 21, 2017

A typical strip mall restaurant. Nothing special from the outside and great food inside. The lunch began with a cup of soup, and a small salad. The entree was served with a crisp (but small) egg roll. Very tasty. Great value. The average sized dining room filled quickly. The lunch crowd was diverse and mostly casual. This was a crowd of people who enjoyed the service, and relished the food. I will be back to this gem. Perfect for a lunch for two. Did not see any children, Overall, a place I would recommend for dining for lunch.

Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

Yes, there are new owners, new menu with no beer or alcohol, same staff and decent food.

But the staff are still overbearing, asking us three times if we were ready to order within minutes of arriving.... and the place was 3/4 empty?

Very good scallion cakes, average egg rolls but a questionable way of serving sauces..... communal sweet & sour, sauce for the scallion cakes, etc all were in bowls with spoons which were then taken to another table..... where I watched in disgust as a woman dipped her egg roll into the sauce bowl after she had bitten into it.... good luck to the customers who come here later!

Mains were pretty good too.... Mongolian beef was tender and tasty, king pao chicken was hampered my bits of tough mystery parts, and the previous Governors Chicken although not on the menu was still available?

Place was quiet and conversation was easy..... because it was not full, on a Saturday night.

I still haven’t found an alternative to our now closed former favorite place but the food here comes close....... four adults for $60 is pretty inexpensive these days.

1  Thank Chicagonative_7
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

We had been going to Szechwan North for 10+ years and this was the only Chinese restaurant we would pickup or dine at the restaurant. There must be a change in ownership as the food and service is very different than the many times we previously visited. Previously they had outstanding dishes like Combo Lo Mein, honey walnut shrimp, great egg rolls.

The last two times we ordered pickup, the quality of the food has diminished tremendously and unfortunately we will not be going back.

1  Thank David K
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Price is right, 7.95 for most lunch items, you get soup, small salad and small portion on a small plate for lunch. It was ok but not memorable for asian cuisine. Do I crave it, no not really It was good but not the quality of lets say PF Changs