“Tasty”
Review of Naf Naf Grill

Naf Naf Grill
Ranked #54 of 174 Restaurants in Glenview
Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

We ordered out for lunch and unfortunately the order was totally wrong. To make up for it, I was told I could pick up my correct order after work. However, the whole time I was there, the owner was trying to convince me that it was my fault the order got mixed up. Anyways it is really delicious

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Walk-up casual restaurant with fresh food Food is great and this will become a regular for me. I work closer to the location in Mt Prospect and live closer to the location in Lincolnshire. This one was on the way home from vacation, and it was good. Entire store was clean, including bathroom. Good price. Wish there was one further North!

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

An easy place to go grab a meal. This is a good option if you are keeping healthy. You can get bowls, pita sanwhiches or salads full of the meats, vegetables , and salads they have .

1  Thank mweaver1127
Reviewed February 18, 2017

We have eaten here about 10x as it is within walking distance and the food is always good and consistent. The staff is always well trained and the restaurant is clean. The fresh cooked chips are delicious.

Reviewed February 13, 2017 via mobile

Was totally craving Persian and spied the Naf Naf Grill deciding swoop in for a quick bite, but the Naf Naf grill is something you get when you read "Persian food and buy your first restaurant franchise for dummies".

Here is what the Naf Naf is:

-Authentic
-Affordable
-Flavorful
-Personable

Shawarma, the mainstay of the Naf Naf, is basically Persian street tacos. There in lies the problem - Naf Naf has converted an other wise affordable and plentiful food into an automated and artless process which decreases portion size, flavor profile and moisture content. Automation is only a benefit where speed and precision are essential, here, neither is required! Cooking and cutting shawarma is about as basic as it gets. It's the art of the seasoning and roasting that makes the magic not the gizmos. The automation process turns the rotisserie, and cuts the meat with malice. The meat just falls to a flat tray losing all the juices and flavor. Sharma is typically sliced into a handheld collector which gathers not only the meat but also the juices, sometimes be combined with previously cut meats to allowing it to absorb even more flavor.

The hummus is about as close to traditional as you'll find on the menu, but as for everything else it's all a little bit bland or way off from the standard. The soup is quite bland and celery laden vs lemony or lentilly.

Eating the shawarma a sandwich left me with a sense of getting full on cold stuff, and I say stuff because it lacked in any of the flavors one would look for to know you were eating shawarma. It was just cold and pasty.

I came in hungry I left quickly and full - it was ok. Glad I came so I can say I checked the box. Box checked.