“Great food, high price”

El Torero
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Granite City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

The question you have to ask yourself in a Mexican style restaurant in granite is do you want low cost, or great food because they don't go together. El torero is the best quality Mexican food in granite, but definitely not the cheapest. I love their atmosphere and the space.

Reviewed April 29, 2017 via mobile

Love this place, fast service and family friendly. Prices are budget friendly and the staff is awesome

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

I had the fajitas mixed, steak, chicken and shrimp which was only $13. This was an excellent price for the portion I received. The food was full of flavor and piping hot as it should be. The service was spectacular. The waitress was very attentive and nice. She was definitely on her A game. A great experience all around.

Reviewed January 25, 2017 via mobile

Nothing we tried had any taste. Was very bland. Not impressed at all. We sampled each other's plates, still not impressed.

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for good food at good prices this is one of the popular Mexican restaurants in Granite City. Nice decor and plenty of seating. We have been here many times. The chips & salsa are good...salsa could be spicier. Margaritas are good but on the sweet side. This time I ordered the seafood fajitas which consisted of scallops, shrimp & a nice piece of grilled tilapia. The fajitas came with rice, refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, tortillas & pico de gallo. Very good & I took half of it home. My husband ordered the cheese covered steak which came with the sides that came with my meal. He loved it & left nothing.