“Hidden gem”

Add it.
Garden Gate Tea Room
Ranked #8 of 73 Restaurants in Granite City
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

Thinking that you are going to enjoy the best lobster bisque in the whole Midwest and probably one of the best in the Country in a hidden restaurant in Granite City sounds like a joke. I felt in love with Garden Gate Antea room in 2010 and since then I have enjoyed their lobster bisque many times. Homemade cuisine in a warm and cozy atmosphere will make your visit look remarkable. I love the decoration, I love that is not a restaurant chain, I love the homemade food and I love the service. It’s a unique place that someone must recommend you unless you live or work in the area. So I strongly recommend you to have lunch or brunch at Garden Gate Tea Room.

Reviewed September 25, 2017

I cannot say enough good things about having dinner here. It is only open for dinner on Thursday and Friday evenings, but it is well worth the time. The tea room provides a quiet and eclectic space for some of the best food in the metro area. The lobster bisque and French onion soup are two of our favroite dishes. The salads are fresh and amazing. Try the Monte Cristo Salad. It is out of this world with flavor.

Reviewed March 18, 2017

I had the fruited chicken salad which is just wonderful, piled high on a croissant-good to the last bite. My companion had the Monte Cristo and he said it was the best he ever had.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

This is the place to go on a Friday evening for a truly pleasant dining experience. The food is always so fresh and amazing. The menu is extensive. The service is wonderful. The soups are terrific. The lobster bisque is thick and rich. It is quite flavorful. The taco soup I tried was excellent. The sandwiches are delicious. My BLT had massive amounts of bacon on it.

The atmosphere is quite sophisticated and eclectic. The server who waited on us was very pleasant and knew what she was doing.

Reviewed October 17, 2016

Garden Gate is a treat for lunch! Wonderful atmosphere, known for their lobster bisque soup and other soup varieties. Great little desserts. Wonderful sandwiches, and raspberry tea! So many wonderful menu items it's difficult to just pick one!