“My Grandsons Love the Hot Dogs and Cheese Fries”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #1 of 8 Quick Bites in Gurnee
Reviewed August 11, 2017

We do the drive thru a lot since we live so close. I do not like their hamburgers, probably because they specialize in hot dogs and roast beef sandwiches. It gets very crowded on weekends.

Reviewed August 8, 2017

We were trying to find a place to eat and decided to try Portillo's when we noticed a long line in the drive through. The long line was because on Tuesday evenings they have "buy one rack of ribs, get a half rack free". They were decent. Not smoked. We also had a hotdog and salad at our table. Everything was decent. Nothing special about what we had. Since we were first timers, we were a bit confused on how you order, get your food, etc. Not very good signage on the process. It is a pretty good value though.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

My bun was so soggy and water loaded it's in edible the hot dog frozen cold so sad that this company has taken a dive in the past few years. I love them but visiting any new location seems that they need to spend more time on service and training and less on opening restaurants that clearly cannot get food correct. Next time I go to a different one of course I'll make sure before I leave the restaurant.

Reviewed July 22, 2017 via mobile

Super cool Chicago stop. All of the good was great. Italian beef sandwich was excellent. Make sure you ask for extra "gravy" to dip your sandwich in. Shakes and malts were amazing too!

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

This place is a must eat at place while in the Chicagoland area. It had great Italian beef and the chocolate cake is to die for. Don't miss this restaurant.