2,202 results
All reviewscocktail barwater bungalowall inclusive packageour waiterfishglass floormain barnurse sharksdive pointbeautiful islandsmall islandmale airportour honeymoonstandard roomroom boywater sportscurries
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We have just returned from a fabulous two week holiday at The Adaaran Club Rannalhi, which we chose to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary and my Wife's Birthday. We were not disappointed.

I emailed the resort prior to arrival requesting a room on the top floor in a quiet location, but on arrival we had been allocated a ground floor room very close to the cocktail bar, which has music every night and the water sports centre. We requested a room change and this was done immediately, for which we were very grateful. Thank you.

The room was very clean and we were looked after by Addhu, a real gem who was forever smiling and nothing was too much trouble for him and his bed decorations were masterpieces. None of these towel bits of rubbish, but real works of art. Bottles of water were delivered daily but we never touched the mini fridge as I just cannot understand why you have to pay for this even though we were on an AI tariff! The air conditioner was more than adequate and all in all a very comfortable sleep.

Each room is allocated two thick mattresses which you need to carry to and from your sunbed every day. I found this very irritating as they were heavy and the sunbed was often quite a way from your room, plus we were on a top floor (and getting on in life), so was a very cumbersome operation. Sunbeds were a problem here with people reserving at a very early hour and believe it or not carrying their sunbeds back to their rooms. We watched more than one dispute over the two weeks.

A table was allocated in the dining room and was yours for the duration, which I think is a great idea. Our waiter Fathey was great and we never wanted for anything, from water to alcoholic drinks. Breakfast was always excellent with plenty of choice, but I have to be honest that I was a little disappointed at times with lunch and dinner. My biggest complaint was that the tureens were often empty and the staff had to be requested to replenish them. Very frustrating to have the food on your plate go cold as you waited for tureens to be refilled to get the rest of your meal.

There was live music every night in the Cocktail Bar provided by a duo on guitar and synthesiser, which was followed sometimes by the disco or kareoke, when he wasn’t running the Beach Party which I think was held twice weekly. The bar staff were tremendous and always delivering drinks to your table or clearing up. One pleasant surprise was, contrary to what the website says, red wine was still available in the bars after dinner on the AI basis.

As already stated we had a fantastic, relaxing holiday and in my Wife’s word….”Heaven”. A big thank you to ALL the staff at The Adaaran Club Rannalhi.

1  Thank Slinda1
Sumeda Y, General Manager at Adaaran Club Rannalhi, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Dear Guest, Sunny Greetings from Adaaran Club Rannalhi! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, We are very glad to know that have enjoyed your stay with us.The comments about our service and staff are truly appreciated. We, Rannalhi team would like to meet you once again in this little paradise soon!. Kind Regards, Sumeda Yasaratne General Manager

Reviewed April 2, 2018

We spent 3 nights in a beach, lower unit and 2 nights in an older over-water villa (had a glassed area in the room, unlike the newer over-water villas, which did not). The beach unit was very nice and significantly cheaper than the over water villas. The turquoise water, shaded hammock and chaisses were less than 25 yards from the front door. Whereas the water, in the over-water villas, was down 6 steps from your balcony and there was wifi in these rooms vs. wifi only by the 2 bars, reception and buffet restaurant other-wise. Snokelling was wonderful on the reef all around the island and the reef was a bit closer to access from our beach unit at the watersports side of the island vs the o.w. villas. And our o.w. villa had very little shade. We did enjoy turning on the lights at night under the o.w. bungalow to see the parrot fish and translucent needle fish, but by sitting at night at the over-water deck by the main bar, you could see these fish plus small black-tipped reef sharks. Though there is significant coral bleaching here (Roatan has much more colourful reefs) the fish were numerous, colourful and outstanding. To watch the flights of 2' manta rays in groups of 6-10, at arms length beside you was magical. We gave a wide berth to numerous species of triggerfish and eels, but got close to several green turtles. When we went the current wasn't bad, but planning your swim with the current was definitely easier. We took a snokelling trip with Pina, which was good for a change of scenery in terms of different fish and a bit more colour in the coral.
I found the heat and humidity in mid-March such, that I was only comfortable in air-conditioning or in the water. The other, windy-side of the island probably would have been more pleasant for me, but my wife was ok where we were. Even the dining room which was open-air with high-up ceiling fans was oppressively hot.
We chose the "all-inclusive" option which was buffet in the one large restaurant. There were ala carte options, for a price, on the beach which we never tried. We did however opt for the included breakfasts served in your room in the o.w. villas. The food was fine with lots of options both Western and Maldivian, but might get a bit tedious after a week. Surprisingly the fruit was not great, certainly compared to Sri Lanka.
We have not tried any other places in the Maldives to compare, but we really enjoyed the beauty of the many colours of the sea, the very white sand and both types of accommodation on this palm-fringed island plus the great snorkelling.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank harry w
Sumeda Y, General Manager at Adaaran Club Rannalhi, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

Dear Guest, Sunny Greetings from Adaaran Club Rannalhi! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, We are very glad to know that have enjoyed your stay with us. We, Rannalhi team would like to meet you once again in this little paradise soon!. Kind Regards, Sumeda Yasaratne General Manager

Reviewed March 30, 2018

We spent 10 days here in an over water bungalow. We were so happy with our bungalow being No 426 and one of the smaller group out on the end with just amazing see views. The water was so clear we hardly needed to snorkel to enjoy it.
We had a small problem with our room on the second night in that our bed was full of ants and also the lights in the room (halogen) started flashing in the night so it was like sleeping on a runway! However the staff could not have been more helpful in resolving the problem - a maintenance man came to try to fix it - this being 10.30 pm and he managed to solve the problem for the evening. We were given some champagne to compensate for our trouble and the next day we were offered a different bungalow which was even better and yet another bottle of champagne. We felt very well looked after and the management and staff went over and above expectations to make sure we were happy.

No bad points as far as we are concerned. If I had to criticise anything it would be that although the food was really good and varied it was spoilt because it was always cold. I know that its not easy keeping food hot in a buffet situation so not sure how this could be resolved anyway.

Love love love this place and many thanks for a very special holiday

Room Tip: Only go for Water Bungalows in my opinion
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Sumeda Y, General Manager at Adaaran Club Rannalhi, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Dear Guest, Sunny Greetings from Adaaran Club Rannalhi! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, We are very glad to know that have enjoyed your stay with us and your comments about our service and staff are truly appreciated. We, Rannalhi team would like to meet you once again in this little paradise soon!. Kind Regards, Sumeda Yasaratne General Manager

Reviewed March 27, 2018

This was our second visit to Adaaran Club Rannalhi and most of the staff which were there last year remembered us. Ricki who wasn't there last year, we found was very professional. She was attentive, approachable and extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for her. Adam from the cocktail bar remembered us from last year and we also found him very friendly and was extremely helpful by sorting out two of our trips from the island.Our waiter this year was Saajid who was very attentive to detail and served us two meals on the beach. I found him good as i am disabled and he moved my cutlery to my left side which is my good side. Harish was our waiter last year and he always came over to say hello.The chef and the restaurant manager interacted with us to ensure that our two meals on the beach were memorable experiences. The water sports centre was very good too. We went on a reef snorkel and we found them very helpful when it came to getting back in the boat. I couldn't have done it without them. Eeray took us on the jet ski, he was very careful with us by not going too fast.The Chinese reflexology did excellent massages too.The whole time there was perfect. Hassan always made us laugh in the cocktail bar with things being 'lovely jubbly'. Everyone was so friendly and attentive, the whole island needs a medal. My boyfriend proposed to me there, so we will be booking to go again next year. We want a wedding there, or a blessing at least. We found our piece of paradise right here|.

Room Tip: water bungalow
3  Thank Catharinewinston
Sumeda Y, General Manager at Adaaran Club Rannalhi, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2018

Reviewed March 26, 2018

This was our 5th trip to The Maldives and our 5th Island.
We like to try somewhere different and Rannalhi completely met our expectations.

The Island was just the right size for us and the restaurants and bars were more than adequate serving plenty of food and drink choice.

I know some people comment that the food becomes repetitive, and it is true that there is a weekly cycle. However, If I'd had fish or lasagne on a particular night, then the following week I chose something I had not had the week before - easy!

Our waiter was Hardhy - nice chap but a little older than most and not very chatty or dynamic. On previous Islands we have built up quite a rapport with our waiters, but not this time unfortunately.
Despite us tipping, we were never offered more than one drink during lunch or dinner!

The bar staff in both bars however, we absolutely brilliant and rushed around all the time bless them.

We had opted for standard rooms and they were everything we wanted and needed. Right on the beach - we had the same sun loungers for 2 weeks. Rooms 131 and 132 were superb and our rooms boys Ibrahim and Ismail kept us sand free most of the time.

There is a lot of dead coral on the reef and this was certainly not the best Island reef we have been to for snorkelling but there were still plenty of fish to see. A first for us were Eagle Rays - fabulous and majestic and I saw them every single day.

It's worth going out on a snorkelling boat for a few hours if would like more variety.

Early morning Shark feeding is worth getting up for. Never done it before and it was a great experience.

Finally, I'd like to mention the Manager who did a grand job of looking after everyone and even sorting out a little problem our friend had with the matter of some missing fins that were relocated by some Chinese people!

I would definitely recommend this Island and would definitely go back, although I am not likely to because I will try somewhere else again.

Room Tip: Ground Floor 131 or 132
2  Thank KaySpring