“Nice Saturday Night Dinner”

El Buren Caribbean Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
El Buren Caribbean Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 61 Restaurants in Highwood
Reviewed June 19, 2017

My wife and sister-in-law's visited this place for the 1st time on a late Saturday night. We were able to get in and seated very quickly. The restaurant was alive with nice music and the staff was very friendly. The menu had some unique choices, but everyone should still be able to find something. The 1st thing that comes to the table are a basket of what seem like chips, but the staff told us they were some kind of roots. They were pretty good. I was just in the mood for a burger.....they had the perfect solution....they had a burger that had ground brisket in it. It was hot and had good flavor and was cooked perfectly. The rest of the table had various items from the Cubano sandwich, to jerk chicken, to Trifongo Shrimp. They all liked their meals. They asked for it to be made spicy, but it wasn't spicy enough for them. That was about the only complaint is that the chicken and shrimp meals could have been kicked up a notch with spiciness. The owner came over personally to check on our meals which was a nice touch. I would definitely go back if we are in that area again.

Reviewed April 30, 2017

This is a newer restaurant in Highwood. We visited on a Thursday night and it was surprisingly not crowded. There were seven of us and everyone thought the food was delicious. The portions are plentiful. I brought more than half of mine home. I hope more people discover this restaurant because they are doing a great job!

Reviewed April 23, 2017

Didn't think this restaurant was so popular, but it was crowded on a Saturday night.
Very friendly staff from hostess to waitress to servers to chef.Was steered away from the whole snapper (fried) to the pork chop. It was a massive piece of meat with pork rind attached, worthy of Fred Flintstone. As people came in the restaurant, they all gaped at the size of the thing - it was embarrassing! They cook it somewhere between medium and well - and it was very tasty - but even with the steak knife it was a chore to cut. It should be advertised as (for 2 people)! Comes with rice and peas, and your choice of plantains. My wife had the jerk chicken, and it also was a large and very tasty portion. We each had a box of leftovers to take home. Reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed March 4, 2017

What a wonderful place to spend an evening for a girl's night out. The decor inside the restaurant makes you feel like you are either in the city or some place tropical - not Highwood.

We had a table with at least 15 ladies and the service was very responsive and our dinners came out relatively quickly.

Judging from the empty plates and/or my friends taking the remainder of their dinners home, I would say everything we ordered on the menu was delicious. I enjoyed a shrimp dish with rice and beans and ate the entire thing it was just that good.

Our server also mentioned they may be having salsa dancing on Saturdays around 10pm. I would like to go back with my husband for dinner and dancing.

If you haven't tried El Buren yet, I would highly recommend you give it a try.

Reviewed February 17, 2017

Wonderful food and great service. I liked the food, but being from the Caribbean I would say this has more latin influence. I tried their margaritas and they were excellent. The starter of chips and green sauce was very good and the ripe plantains were excellent.