“Excellent chicken but ordinary sides.....”

Cluckers Charcoal Chicken
Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Highwood
Price range: US$9 - US$12
Cuisines: Barbecue, Mexican
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Can’t say enough about how juicy and tender the chicken was.... among the best I have eaten anywhere. Sauces were varied and some better than others but the variety was appreciated.

Sides were not impressive.... fries were crinkle cut like you buy by the ton at Costco, macaroni and cheese had an off taste, noted first by the kids and confirmed by the adults, the corn muffins were ok and the veggies probably the best of the lot.

Two whole chickens were more than enough for five adults and 3 kids and there were leftovers.... I would return!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 17, 2018

I saw one of their chicken trucks making a delivery on campus and told my daughter we had to try it. Good thinking. Located 5 minutes from campus in a strip maul this is a nice chicken stop (they have more then chicken). The chicken pieces were large and juicy and the Cole slaw was very tasty. Order at the counter and they bring it to your table. Took some homemade chips to go....loved them!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 21, 2018

Wow! This is not a fancy place, in fact, I didn't realize that you could even eat in. We were in a rush to get somewhere, needed to eat, and I realized that I needed to do something to keep my miles with American Airlines. Cluckers took care of both issues. We ordered, sat down and waited, and the chicken came within minutes. It was out of this world good, and the mashed potatoes were excellent as well. I am sorry we haven't frequented this place more. This restaurant deserves way more notoriety!

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018

A great Highwood option that I often forget about. Hubby, son and I had a very nice lunch here on New Years Day - yes they are open.

I know a lot of people that are really in love with their chicken enchiladas. I like them too but there are other options that I like even better. The brick chicken (available only in the evenings) is my absolute fav! Super flavorful and moist! If you are chicken wing fan they do the best job of them in the area. We sometimes order a tray of them for a party. Hubby likes the chicken tortilla soup. It is really nice, packed with lots of chicken and a thick soup with lots of avocado and a good sized dollop of sour cream. A comfort food on a cold day.

Service is always friendly but can be on the slow side for fast food. No matter though because the high quality food makes up for it!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed June 21, 2017

Like the title implies the Chicken is very juicy and has a lot of flavor, no matter the dish you get it in. Along with the chicken the sides and other food is good also. The restaurant is nice looking, clean, and casual. Prices are pretty good and they deliver fairly far. I defiantly recommend giving Cluckers a try.

Date of visit: June 2017