“Great Mahi Tacos, etc”

Lucky Fish Highwood
Ranked #2 of 61 Restaurants in Highwood
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: The North Shore's Premier destination for fresh seafood! Also, desserts, wines and craft beers. Open 7 days a week. ONCE UPON FAMILY'S NEWEST CATCH We only believe in serving the freshest seafood from all over the world. It's the closest thing to getting it fresh off the boat. FRESH SEAFOOD. DELIVERED DAILY. Featuring the freshest seafood and handcrafted cocktails around, our Highwood and Northbrook locations offer a fusion of New Orleans and East Coast flavors with a Mexican flair. FROM THE OCEANS TO THE NORTH SHORE Located on Restaurant Row in Highwood and on Shermer Road in Northbrook, we offer city-style, sophisticated, casual dining on Chicago's North Shore. Located in Highwood, IL
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

Pleasant atmosphere, accommodating waitstaff & appetizing entrees. Enjoyed our dinner with a nice glass of wine. Ample parking around the corner. weather permitting they have a large outside seating area.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

Lucky Fish is one of our favorite places. We love the variety of choices on their menu. There is something for everyone. The service is so friendly, it is always a pleasure to dine here. I can't say enough about the food, atmosphere and service!! You won't be disappointed! Enjoy!

Reviewed September 7, 2017 via mobile

You know how you can go to a restaurant and every morsel is memorable? Well, I can't say that about this restaurant. They do have a variety of seafood: clams, oysters, crab, lobster rolls, whitefish with a variety of preparations and sauces, desserts, soups, salads. However if you want crab or lobster, it often comes in a salad or a sandwich. Lobster mac n cheese too. What was missing? Crab legs, lobster tail, whole lobster, scallops, but it may depend on their availability and perhaps the restaurant wants to keep prices down. The most expensive item was $22 which I didn't think was bad. I had a delicious lobster roll. The Northbrook restaurant is housed in a former garage. It is a big open space with a nice bar and a patio in the back for outdoor dining. Would I go back? Sure. People were standing outside waiting to go in so perhaps if I tried a few more things on the menu I might have a better opinion but for now I'll say it's good. I wouldn't ding a restaurant for being just "good." It's good. What's wrong with that? Try it; you may like it.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

Went to the new Lucky Fish in Northbrook, and while the outside patio is a great space (when trains aren't rumbling by), the wait staff is inexperienced and the food was disappointing -- not to mention the number of items they were out of. No calamari, yet calamari showed up in one dinner but not another. A blood Mary with no celery! Server didn't know what bourbon the bar had, another server tried to bring us someone else's meal and more. Maybe in a few months they'll be more polished, but in the meantime, make the trip to Highwood.

Reviewed September 2, 2017

This was our first visit to Lucky Fish. We walked into a brewery looking for Lucky Fish and got directions and three different people in the brewery told us how good the food was at Lucky Fish. Well, they weren't kidding. From start to finish it was a positive dining experience from the valet to the hostess, to our server. I had the shrimp po boy and loved it. The shrimp were prepared exactly to my liking. My husband had the jumbalaya and loved it and the serving was so large, he brought half of it home. Margaritas were excellent. Five stars for this restaurant.