Holiday Inn Itasca (Woodfield Area)
US$71
  • Restaurant
US$129
US$110
TripAdvisor
Motel 6 Elk Grove Village(Elk Grove Village)
US$40
US$93
US$151
US$139
GardenInn.com
All reviewscomfortable stayfront desk staffbreakfast buffet ishome away from homejustinabusinesschicagowhirlpoolmeeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2011

This trip was merely a weekend get-a-way. The staff made it outstanding with their customer service. Room was clean. The Hotel overall was quiet despite the fact there was a wedding reception going on. My only dislike was my TV....No Flat Screen or HD. As I learned in life you can't have everything.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mrsbdp92
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Seriously, I believe one of the best Holiday Inn makeovers I have seen. So many owners just did minor tweaks and got their new green & white sign. These owners actually poured the money in to give it the appeal of a newly built Holiday Inn. There's even a Kem's Restaurant (which many of the newer Midwestern HI's have been getting).

Contrary to earlier reviews, this place is clean. Very clean! Even the stairwell was painted and clean. Rooms fresh and comfortable. Very friendly and cordial staff.

For Priority Club members, an excellent array of perks! From free breakfast, to drinks, to even extra Priority Club points. They really value their members.

So now, my quandary... half of the hotel faces an extremely busy highway. 24/7 there are cars and trucks speeding by, and they can be heard from the rooms. The opposite side of the hotel has windows in the room which overlook the beautiful lobby. Beautiful, yes, but extremely loud. it's such a large hollow place that the noise echoes into the rooms. Even people sitting on chairs getting cell phone calls can be heard from several floors up. People could be heard that were not even that loud to begin with. I don't know why I'd even want a window to sit out and view the lobby.

Also, in over 150 nights a year in hotel rooms, I have never been in rooms with TWO adjoining doors. Adjoining doors bug me in the first place... putting two of them in a room seems superfluous.

So a gorgeous place. I just wish there was a room type that didn't face the highway or the lobby.

Room Tip: The lobby is loud, but then, so is the road!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank LEGGROOM
Reviewed 10 August 2011

I had stayed a few years ago and the hotel was run down and it is now been remodeled. We enjoyed our stay and Justina was very helpful

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The property seems like it's either well maintained or newly refreshed. Big pool, nice fitness center, decent restaurant and conveniently located in the west Suburbs.
Nice clean rooms and quiet too.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I have mixed feelings about my stay. My family was there for a two night stay and wanted to make sure we had a refrigerator in the room. I called in advance and was assured that we would be able to get one if there wasn't one already in the room. We checked in around 9 pm with some perishables and upon arrival in the room found there was no fridge. I called down and was told they would bring one and a few minutes later they called back and said the person who knows where the fridges and microwaves are was gone for the day and I wouldn't be able to get a fridge that night. Other than that, the room was clean and the halls were quiet. Not that is was there fault, but there was a huge storm on the last night of our stay and all of the electrical outlets and lights were fried the next morning. We turned on the TV and it was on for a few minutes and then made a pop sound and smoke came out the back... We were glad to get out of there.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family