“Beautiful historical theatre”

Rialto Square Theatre
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Joliet
Reviewed February 4, 2018

I have been going to the Rialto my whole life, I remember seeing King Kong with Jessica Lange there with my mom as a young child. In high school I was working at Byron's and we had to cater a dinner for The Bozo Show there, Cookie and Wizzo had full face makeup on, sitting in their white undershirts grouchy as all get out. I was crushed by how mean Cookie was, 30 years later I still remember that day,lol! My children have performed there so I had the pleasure of being backstage and in the green room hearing stories about all the stars that have performed there over the years. If you have a chance to visit the Rialto, please do because it is beautiful inside.

All reviews
"organ"
in 5 reviews
"auditorium"

Reviewed January 16, 2018

Just revisited the Rialto last week for a show. Though I’ve been going here since I was a kid, it still never fails to amaze me. The architectural detail is remarkable. If you visit Joliet and miss the Rialto, you’ve missed the best attraction in town. It’s breathtaking.
Street parking is widely available and there are 2 lots very near by.

Reviewed January 14, 2018 via mobile

I went 4 times leading up to Christmas for variouss shows. I live the Rialto. I wad once a caregiver for one of the 2 original builders. The place is beautiful and historic. It's a must see if you are in town. Look up in advance who might be there playing. They promote different celebrities.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

There are many events going on... I was there for the Christmas trees around the world... it was Beautiful