“oh yes”

Omai
Ranked #36 of 67 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed March 7, 2016

Much better than I thought it would have been delightful, tasty, good service. The soup is almost a meal in itself. We shared several dishes to get a taste of many different styles

Reviewed June 30, 2015 via mobile

The service is low-key and friendly. The mojitos are superb. The meals we chose were well prepared and beautifully presented and the portions generous. I expected to be pleased because one of my Vietnamese friends had christened the cuisine "authentic". He spoke the truth. By all means, try OMAI!

Reviewed April 15, 2015

While I don't want to be too harsh- this place just isn't good.
Hubby bought a Groupon, so we were excited to have a reason to try something out of the ordinary.
I have had Vietnamese a few times before, and enjoyed the food.
But this food was just BLAND!
I agree with everyone else who rated Omai with 1-2 stars...there just was no real flavor.
We ordered the shrimp rolls as an appetizer. It was fine. Not overly flavorful, but not disappointing.
While removing our appetizer plate, the waiter dropped the sauce spoon onto the chair next to me and onto my purse! He didn't bother to help clean it up.
But other than that- service was OK.
Then we received our entree- I had the eggplant cilantro shrimp, while hubby had the beef noodle soup.
My dish, while it came with an abundance of shrimp (10-12), it was heavy on the cilantro- so you really couldn't taste the shrimp. The honey was every faint.
The egg-fried eggplant was good, but again- the cilantro was so heavy it overpowered everything else.
I had to salt my dish many times just to taste SOMEthing.
Hubby said the soup was super bland. I tasted it, and it was spicey, but the broth was not at all flavorful.
Prices were high- $17 for the shrimp, $11 for the soup.
We won't go back.

Reviewed January 9, 2015

My wife and I are always on the lookout for new Vietnamese restaurants, we saw that Omai opened up in LaGrange, and we decided to give it a try. There are standard items we always order, so we can compare it to other restaurants we visited. Omai has very tasty, and spicy food which we like. We ordered the combo appetizer, which gave us a sampling of 4 items, my wife ordered the Vietnamese Noodle soup or Pho, and I ordered the spicy chicken. Both were very good. The prices were a bit high, but understandable for being in downtown LaGrange. All in all we liked Omai, and we'll definitely come back again.

Reviewed December 26, 2014

Bottom line, very fresh, high quality ingredients, simple healthy food, and really delicious. Also, legitimately good service. SImple, but very reasonably priced,and nice.