“Great food, Great staff, Good (but not great) Value”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Lincolnshire
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Aptakisic
Description: Fleming's Lincolnshire, IL is an ongoing celebration of exceptional steak and wine. We are located in Lake County in the Lincolnshire Commons on Milwaukee Ave, close to Vernon Hills and Buffalo Grove.
Reviewed February 27, 2017

We went to Fleming's on a Friday night (6:30 reservation). The restaurant was a little over half full; helping to minimize background noise. After being seated immediately, we were greeted by great service staff. Everyone was friendly and made the experience comfortable. My companion is from Venezuela and she and one of the staff spoke Spanish, which made her feel all the more comfortable.

The appetizer was the bacon (good, but my companion thought it was under cooked), wedge salad (which was quite good (with MORE bacon)). For an entre, she and I shared a surf and turf special highlighted by the server. The steak was prepared perfectly, the lobster equally matched the steak in preparation and flavor - both were delightful. Dessert was the walnut turtle pie- equally great.

The wine list is impressive and is matched with the menu.

Overall, the value was good, the experience comfortable and friendly. I have recommended Fleming's to others already and am likely to return.

1  Thank Brian D

Reviewed February 25, 2017

We liked Fleming's as a step up from Wildfire and dine there often - great service and quieter than WF. But recently we noticed it is not as good as it used to be. The last several times we went someone's filet was not cooked as ordered (they will redo it and also take it off the bill which is appreciated). The ones that were seemed a bit dry. They've also raised their prices - $11-$12 for salads and sides is a bit ridiculous for the suburbs. Everything is extra, including a rub for the filet ($4 IIRC). Alcohol is also quite pricey.

On a positive note I do enjoy the Father's Day brunch - the bacon and blue cheese Bloody Mary is great as well as the eggs Benedict with filet or salmon. Not sure that we'll be back for dinner though.

Reviewed January 22, 2017

Fleming's. The name will be be indelibly etched in our minds. We arrived 15 minutes late, but no problem. Our table was waiting, and our excellent server Randy made us feel welcome. I ordered Filet Mignon (outstanding), my wife N.Y. Strip (again, outstanding). The meal was accompanied with Fleming's Potatoes and Brussel sprouts (superb). We were with another couple; they ordered essentially the same items as we did and all four of us shared the sprouts and potatoes. The drinks, desert were also sublime. The manager, Jonathan, stopped by twice to check on us. It wasn't just a perfunctory visit. He seemed genuinely interested in our culinary experience. It was a busy night, but we never felt rushed. All the while Randy kept a constant presence, but never intrusive. Though it was busy, the ambience was most relaxing. Our special thanks to Randy and Jonathan for making our evening memorable. We will definitely return.

1  Thank bus4kids
Reviewed December 22, 2016

Since Fleming's arrived in Lincolnshire we have dined at the restaurant usually for special occasions. The prices for their entrees are VERY high and the side dishes/salads are all ala carte. I received a gift card for the restaurant and decided to re-visit the restaurant after a movie during one of Chicago's famous snow storms. We were surprised that, several other people had braved the snow and we were not the only ones in the restaurant. It was probably 25% full. We were greeted by our waiter and given the Wine List on a tablet. We declined any alcoholic drinks due to the severe weather conditions. Well... I think that set the "tone" for the night. Our last experience at the restaurant had left us disappointed; basically our waiter had ignored us and we had to ask for the bill, not something one does in a $$$$ restaurant. So, we kinda knew what to expect. The prices of their entrees, especially their steaks have dramatically increased since our last visit, $55 for a steak. WOW! As an appetizer, I had the french onion soup ($14.50), one of my favs. However, the cheese on top was slightly burnt so, the soup absorbed the burnt taste. We both ordered the beef short ribs with mashed potatoes. My ribs were a little tough but, my hubby said his were very tender. Before, we had finished our entree, the waiter approached us and asked if we were ready for dessert? Um no, let us finish our entree. It turns out my gift card had more $$ than I thought so, we did end up ordering the chocolate pecan pie to go. The next day I measured the width of the pecan pie slice, less than 2 1/2 inches wide for $14.50 per slice! I did the math: 8 slices of pie at $14.50 = $116 per pie! What? The ambience of the steak house is quiet and good for conversation. However, this was probably our last time. We simply cannot afford $100 per person, NOT including drinks.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

They really know how to make you feel special! The friendly welcome included a Happy Anniversary greeting and a card. The gift of chocolate truffles and gift card were especially nice. But I haven't mentioned the table service or food yet! Brian was very attentive but didn't hover. He was right on with his recommendations including the carrot cake! I had the smoothest Cosmo ever and the Raymond Cab was outstanding!! My sliced filet with shitke risotto was delicious and the perfect size. My husband loved his boneless ribeye. This is our favorite steak house in Chicagoland!