“Outdated property, nothing special”

Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Lincolnshire
Reviewed 7 April 2012

This is an average property with dated rooms. Service was good, lobby was nice and large with a roaring fireplace to keep you warm. There's a gym and an indoor pool. Seems like the hotel is populated mostly by business travelers. Not much to say about this property that makes it stand out. Finding the place was difficult. My cab driver from the airport even had difficulties finding the lobby once we were on the property. Bad/Inaccurate signs.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 31 March 2012

There is one thing that will always make one place stand out for another and that’s a great staff, and The linconshire marriott has that. I was impresed the the front desk staff, ans ther frindly manner, and aprochablity. I felt like I could ask for anything (microwave, spare bed, you know the normal stuff). The bell staff was superb, Idrish was vary helpful, he looked allover for a wheelchair for my Mother. When we got to are first room there was only one bed. That would have had me sleeping on a cot. But he helped us get a room with two beds in it. And when we were checking out and I called for help with the bags because I would be pushing my mother in the wheelchair he came right to our door even though there was a twenty minuet Wait. His service to us (not that we needed a lot) over the week end made me feel like we mattered. Good job Lincolnshire and Thanks Idrish.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights this past weekend. We reserved a King bed room 3 months ago and when we checked in we were told the only rooms they had left were with 2 queen beds or 2 twin beds. I was not happy about this but we had no choice.

They do NOT have free wifi. It's 12.95 which is a rip off and I can't believe they don't have it for free. I have never been to a hotel that doesn't have it free.

There is no continental breakfast. They do have restaurants in the resort for breakfast.

The beds are very comfortable and I loved the comforter. The rooms were clean and the tv was flat screen.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Heather E
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was at this property for a week on business. The property itself is nice with a large lobby, heated pool and spa. The lounge/bar provided the best service imaginable, specifically Lynne, Pedro, Sandy and An Guy...these guys are the best at what they do and that is providing top notch customer service. Without their professionalisim and genuine hospitality, this trip would have only been mediocre. The food is also very good, such as the ruben, onion dip, chicken noodle soup and cheeseburgers. If I ever have to go back to this area for business/pleasure, I will definitely stay at this property.

Room Tip: If you're a smoker, get a room on the first floor as there is actually an outdoor patio to each...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Christina S
Reviewed 3 March 2012

My husband and I got married in the Grand Marquee tent here and it was amazing. The food was exceptional and the service was top notch! All of our guests had a wonderful time. The only thing that wasn't amazing was the timing of everything. They had scheduled an event in the morning before my 6pm wedding and reception and everything didn't get started until 630 because they didn't get everyone out on time. Very frustrating for a bride that had over 200 guests. We weren't able to get all of our pictures done before the ceremony because our space was finished being set up. To top it all off, they still cut our reception to end at the same time even though we lost over half an hour because of their timing issue. My wedding was absolutely beautiful yet very expensive to say the least. I was disappointed with the end result and the hotel did nothing for me.

Room Tip: The suites are lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AuntieNA
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The indoor swimming pool area needs some updating; our room overlooked a small lake and was nice enough - good bed and very quiet. Front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. We saw the play Legally Blonde at their Marriott Theater and it was a super musical comedy - can't recommend it enough.

Room Tip: The hotel is large with long hallways. A room overlooking the lake was nice.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jerrytomsolo
Reviewed 14 February 2012

there for three nights for business. public spaces in lobby have been updated and are quite pleasant and comfortable including a nice gas fireplace wall. andthe food in the lounge was excellent - tops most lounge/bar food my a mile. rooms and hallways are still dark and dingy. furniture in rooms is old and needs to be replaced. bathrooms are standard at best.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lincolnshire
0.8 km away
5.4 km away
Chicago Marriott Suites Deerfield
2.7 km away
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lincolnshire

Been to Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort? Share your experiences!