All reviews golf course marriott lincolnshire outdoor pool the concierge lounge on premises room service nice weekend full service wedding parties guest rooms recommend staying here front desk staff fitness room business trip conference starbucks trail
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

I really like this hotel. It’s adjacent to the theater and you get a comfy, spacious room. Staff is always super friendly. And it’s a Cat 3, so a true bargain to book with points. But there were some problems this time, both mechanical and with staff training:

-Requested extra pillows via the app after we checked in and went to the show and then dinner. Five hours later when we returned tired and ready to sleep...no extra pillows. Asked at the desk and they were brought up quickly. But someone needs to be checking those online requests. Other Marriott hotels manage to get that right.

-Drain in the shower was so slow it flooded the room. Had to use the abundant extra towels to clean up water in the room entryway.

-This is the one that annoyed me most. I specifically asked at the front desk last night how late breakfast was served in the lounge (which I get access to as a Gold MR member) and was told 11am. So we go down to breakfast a little after 9:30 and guess what? It’s already over. Not cool. The other two complaints cost me time - this one costs me money because I now have to go buy breakfast somewhere when it’s supposed to be included with my stay.

This stuff is all easily correctable. And I hope by bringing it to the hotel’s attention, it will be. I will stay here again. It’s usually better than this.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank One_Chicago_Traveler
Reviewed May 23, 2018

I thought I had written a review of this hotel when I stayed there, but it seems to have disappeared or I submitted it elsewhere. Anyways, I stayed at this hotel in September of 2017. The hotel was undergoing a MAJOR renovation. I had to walk down hallways that were under significant construction with drywall, lumber, insulation, carpet, etc. strewn about the hallways.

Further, the first room they sent me to had not been cleaned from the previous occupant. Kind of discouraging.

The hallways were dark, and you had to walk a significant distance to get to rooms.

I was very disappointed and felt deceived that this level of construction was not more prominently advertised when booking.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Brent M, Director of Restaurants at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2018

Hi Ryan! Thank you for your comments about the renovation, we understand that that was a trying time. The good news is our renovation is complete! Next time your travels bring you to the area I hope you will stop by and see the changes!

Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

A newly remodeled Marriott hotel. A new modern utilitarian look. Composite plank flooring instead of carpeting in the rooms. New shower stalls. Good for seminars and special events. Food was average. Atmosphere was good.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Terrific hotel to get away too thats not in the city! My husband and I had a terrific meal at one the hotel restaurants and enjoyed the weekend while the in-laws took care of our little one. Very clean and lovely resort.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IVMARI
Brent M, Director of Restaurants at Chicago Marriott Lincolnshire Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you IVMARI for your kind review! We look forward to hosting you again soon for another staycation!

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here twice. Tonight we decided not to come back. The restaurant is very industrial, cold and noisy. The gal who seated us gave us the impression we were inconveniencing her. Takes forever to be waited on. Today we had 3 separate people wait on us. Never did get our rolls. When I asked one of the 3 servers to find the 1 server who took our show ticket and coupon...they said no problem. Finally I had to flag him down myself...then when I asked about our ticket....he didn't know where he put it. Eventually got it back. They didn't seem to care. We don't need the aggravation.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience and I am very sorry that we seemed to have missed the mark with our service! I do hope that if you are ever in the area again you will give us another chance as I know this is not the type of experience we are capable of delivering! Sincerely, Brent