“The little things matter”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Ranked #1 of 212 Restaurants in Lombard
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed October 17, 2017

We visited The Capitol Grille for my wife's birthday. As we are now older and more refined we did not want to have a big show, no singing or table side gathering. While they were able to achieve my requests the small things they did were what made this visit exceptional. First; The evening we visited was a day in which we received five inches of rain, so we arrived at the valet stand in a torrential downpour. Waiting for us was a server, with an umbrella. He covered my wife and walked her to the door, then returned and escorted me into the restaurant, where the young man valeting the vehicles met me.

We had a reservation, and were early, but were seated immediately. Our table was nicely showered with rose petals, and a birthday card from the restaurant was on the table.

We ordered some drinks, which came in the right amount of time, and then ordered our entre.

We started by splitting a "wedge" salad, and this was plenty! Our meal consisted of pan seared halibut with hitachi mushrooms and a miso sauce for me and a dry aged, 10oz. filet for the birthday girl. We shared a side of scalloped garlic potatoes. A second round of drinks to finish the meal.

When the table was cleared, we were provided a nice desert tray for two, which included a crème brule cheesecake and an espresso dark chocolate mouse.

This desert was complimentary.

As I said the small thing matter....the most!

Reviewed October 7, 2017

Always a great time when we go. Celebrated my 45th bday tonight and my husband and I had a great time. Apparently if you call ahead and are celebrating a special occasion you get rose petals and a photo and free dessert. I'm easily embarrassed, however, this was subtle and tasteful and so not cheesy! Anyway, aside from celebrating a special occasion, the service is fantastic (all wait staff and our waitress Beverley) is outstanding - and seem to genuinely seem to enjoy working there. We each started with an appetizer - hubby the lobster bisque and myself the wedge salad (hoping the hubby would share with me) - the bisque very good, the wedge not spectacular but good. For entrees I had the appetizer lobster and crab cakes (2 in a portion) and hubby had the 10oz filet. Both perfectly cooked and delicious. As far as steak houses go, this is def. one of mine/our favorites and consistently good - that is key! When we realized we missed our movie next door we bellied up to the bar and had a good time - good vibe and good crowd and bartender Al was lovely. Don’t need to go to their downtown Chicago to experience a great dining experience – just head to Lombard!

Reviewed October 7, 2017

A shame this was only a relitivley quick lunch, because this is without the best US chain restaurant I have ever eaten (I am from the UK). It was also the best ever cheeseburger, yum. The water was top class and could probably sell snow to an Eskimo, very talented. On my frequent trips to the US, I will definitely look out for another capital grille.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Nice bar, nice wine selection and dining area. Food is good, but not good value for the price. Same with staff and servers. Small changes can make a big difference.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

My son and I searched the web for a great dry aged steak place that we didn't have to pay $100 for a steak and $30 for parking.
We did good!!!
My wife, his mom (lol) loved it as did my daughter in law.
Service was great, food even better.
The steaks were so good we were left speechless. My daughter in law made her commentary on her N.Y. strip by leaving her plate completely empty.
We can't wait to go there again!