“Weekday lunch”

Got a photo?
Add it.
China Kitchen
Reviewed December 22, 2016

This was our first visit to China Kitchen. We had two of the lunch specials- General Tso's Chicken and Mongolian Beef. Both were excellent! For $6.50 we got large portions, an egg roll each, cookies, fortune cookies, and a candy. Next time I would call ahead- it only took 10 minutes- but could have been ready when we got there.

Reviewed October 17, 2016 via mobile

My husband was tired and didn't want to go out( my cue to go get dinner in an unknown town and bring back to the hotel!)...I tried to order online, didn't work...so made my way several miles into the heart of Lombard...Stumbled upon the takeout place( a few booths, but a simple, basic and unpleasant place to eat!), and instead of pizza next four tried Chinese...The older man cooking in the open kitchen is amazing!!! The order of 8 gyoza ( potstickers) was HUGE...homemade dough, full of flavorful meaty filling beautiful seasoned,fat and large and wonderful with a soy dipping soy....first class!I got a large Mongolian beef, spicy , and a small cashew chicken...both fresh and delicious.Not knowing portion sizes(and free rice and fortune cookies),when order was ready I picked it up and was shockingly heavy...so much food! We ate more of the pot stickers next day and beef, brought home to Indiana the chicken....Greatfood,authentic and delicious , the best I've had outside of China...And such a basic , simple place!!!Go go go go!!!

Reviewed December 11, 2015

If you are looking for THE BEST carry out Chinese anywhere, this is it! A young family owns this place. They have beautiful girls, the wife runs the place and runs deliveries, the husband cooks. And man, does he cook! In so far as Chinese goes, I've had them all. Few stand alone. New China Kitchen has uniquely prepared dishes, that I've never seen. The Pot Stickers are to die for! Some Thai offerings also. If you want it hot, you have to ask for HOT. Very nice people with great recipes from the old country. We've eaten there many times now, and the consistency and flavor have never let us down.

I wish them great success in their new venture here.