“Spur of the moment”

The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We loved this hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The toliet seat was broken, but we just were too preoccupied to let them know, and we dealt with it. Im sure they would have fixed it right away, oh well :-)
The restaurants looked amazing but we only had room service, which was awesome! But wow watch out for the $4.50 (delivery charge), and wait for it.... 19% gratuity. I mean, i used to work in room service for marriott, and i know what BS that was, but it goes with the territory until someone complains. PS if you complain about the Del. Charge, they can and usually a manager will take it off. I dont like to be that person, so i pay for that. Its a great experience to have room service, i didnt mind one meal during my visit, being over priced :-)
With all that said, the staff are friendly; the parking is plentiful; target is in walking distant, dangerous for some of us lol There are a ton of restaurants and things to do in a 20 mile radius.
OH the most inportant thing!!! the POOL, whirpool, sauna and workout room!!! one word AWESOME!!!!
Great stay!!

Room Tip: high is good, you can see for miles!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I am here for research purposes at a nearby university. However, you are isolated, part of the Chicago sprawl. The hotel does its best by offering a shuttle service free of charge to the nearest railway station. The hotel provides very good rooms, excellent food both breakfast and dinner. My party had its best evening meal on our visit, having frequented other restaurants. Staff are friendly, informative and obliging. If you are waiting for friends to arrive go downtown and buy the new apple iPad, it will amuse you for hours in your room, the hotel lobby or car park bench. Hotel very good, the area surrounding? A bit of a waste land.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here while visiting some friends in the area. During our stay there was a dance competition going on but the hotel never felt crowded. Check in staff was pleasant, but they really should have more than one person at the front desk. The line was long when we arrived and moved rather slowly. Another staff member would have been helpful. Not a big deal since we weren't in any hurry, but the other guests in line were grumbling. I reserved two king connecting rooms and that's exactly what I got. Didn't have to remind the gentleman at check-in...very nice.

Rooms were clean, the beds were wonderful and both our rooms had a stocked bar. Prices for the in-room beverages and snacks were sky high - but that's typical of any hotel. Wi-fi was $9.99 per room. While we were here for pleasure and not business, we still forked over the money so my husband could do a little work late in the evenings. Bathrooms were roomy, the double shower heads were nice but the toiletries were scarce. One tiny bottle of shampoo and ONE little bar of soap. Glad we brought our own.

Harry Carrey (sp) restaurant in the lobby was convenient. We ate here on a Friday night (really didn't want to venture out our first night in town). Food was pretty good, not great. Not sure I would recommend it since there are so many other great food options nearby. We ate breakfast at Egg Harbor Cafe (in the Mall)...just a one minute drive from the hotel parking lot. Prices were good and the food was excellent. Get there early, however, as it fills up fast!

The hotel pool, whirlpool and sauna were very nice. My daughter loved the pool toys! We forgot our pool stuff at home so we were thrilled to see a pile of items (noodles, balls, buckets, etc) available for the guests. There is no shallow end - the entire pool is about 4 feet deep.

This was my first stay at a Westin (we are Hilton Honors and Marriott Club members and usually go with those chains first) but this one was very convenient to our friend's house and we thought being close to the mall would be a definite bonus. While we enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, I'm not sure I would personally rush to book a Westin again. It's a typical chain hotel with a very good product, BUT it didn't WOW me enough to steer me away from my usual choices. I am now officially an SPG member with some points in my account so we'll see where it takes us from here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank TaniaWisconsin
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Stayed at this hotel in January in the middle of a snow storm.

The hotel is very well located off major interstates, and next to a major shopping mall. The hotel feels new, even though it’s a few years old, the front desk staff are very friendly and accommodating.

The club lounge is adequate, and the staff there are also quite friendly.

The room layout (I had a junior suite) is very good, with a large bathroom.

Internet was spotty, as the snow storm wreaked havoc with the network.

The beds are comfortable, and inviting.

Overall, very good value and location. My only gripe, is that there's a large group of small kids with a sports team, roaming the hallways at all hours, and making a mess in the hallways, the same bag of potato chips was spelled in front of my room for two days without being picked up.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MikeyR
Reviewed 4 March 2012

When I got there it was awesome! Near target, a mall, restaurants. But after the 2nd day it was horrible. You had to be over 16 to swim by yourself in the pool. Which I had no clue about and this very mean guy yells at us to get out. Then we didnt have a key to our tiny fridge, so I called them and you had to be over 20 years old to get the key! And a maid just walks right into my hotel room with out knocking, and gave us towels to put away. Then they came in again and put the towels just the towels on our bed. Plus NONE of the maids even speak English. To top that off, you can't take a luggage cart, they have to do it, which is nice but they yelled at us for even asking. Plus a found buggers in my bed! Ew! Again its a nice hotel but horrible service!

Reviewed 4 March 2012

This is an awesome hotel!!!! But the rules are really harsh!!!!! Like you have to be 16 or older to go to the pool by yourself, it should be 13 and older, and also they only gave us one fridge key for both rooms we had...it was ridiculous!!! And to top all that they said that u have to be 21 to get the key from the front desks!! Take the ages off the rules...like seriously it is really stupid!!!!! -Anonamys

Reviewed 26 February 2012

This hotel is very basic, even if it is a Westin. The rooms are just OK, mine was not very clean, dust and cobwebs in a lot of places. Prices are EXPENSIVE, even for Chicago. They charge you extra for WiFI, to buy a water or a soda you pay extremely high prices. The male check-in staff, both of them, were very rude. I guess I am use to staying at upscale Bed & Breakfasts where staff is extremely friendly and all those extras are free. My advice stay at one of the other hotels very close to the Westin.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lombard
0.6 km away
4.7 km away
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
3.0 km away
Doubletree Suites by Hilton Hotel & Conference Center Chicago / Downers Grove

Been to The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center? Share your experiences!