“Best falafel”

Jerusalem Cafe of Lombard
Ranked #10 of 212 Restaurants in Lombard
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed August 3, 2016 via mobile

Real authentic middle eastern foodDelicious and inexpensiveTheir falafel are the best I had ever and I traveled the middle left and right

Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here after our son's baseball game to get a late dinner. My kids are not experienced in middle eastern food and were a little hesitant. What we found were friendly people who worked there, and delicious, freshly made to order food.

The place is not fancy and is set up more like a middle eastern hot dog stand. Order at counter and then they bring it to you. So go as you are!

I had falafel and a side of tabouleh, and it was exactly what I had wanted. My daughter got plain chicken in a pita, and the chicken was seasoned well and the fries were crispy and also nicely seasoned. My son and husband both had the chicken shawarma and they both enjoyed it very much. Pretty sure my son would have put down a second if we let him.

We read a sign about their ingredients, and nondairy only olive oil, no gmo, non antibiotics fed meat etc, and believe it or not you can just tell. If you get bad middle eastern food you know it and I will say we were all feeling great after. We hope to have to go that way for another baseball game in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2016

The restaurant was clean, the staff friendly, and the food affordable and delicious. The meats were well seasoned and the portions ample. I enjoyed the spicy green sauce as well as the white garlic sauce. Will definitely eat here again next time I'm in town!

Reviewed June 25, 2016

This place was recommended to us by someone my husband works with - we're not often in the area but were today so decided to stop in for lunch. The falafel sandwich was one of the best I've ever had - perfectly cooked falafel, warm pita, and cold jerusalem salad = YUM!. The beef schwarma was really good as well. The also have a location in Oak Park. Staff was also very warm and friendly.

Definitely worth a visit!

Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

The fool here was okay, but I probably wouldn't go back. Falafel seemed burned. Maybe I'm not a big enough fan. Sorry.