“HOUSEKEEPING SUCKS!”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Lombard, Illinois
“HOUSEKEEPING SUCKS!”
Reviewed 15 December 2010

I moved into a room and there were holes under the kitchen sink.I didn't receive housekeeping six times.When I did finally receive housekeeping the sinks and the tubs were still dirty.I had to contact the manager myself after I left message at the front desk of my problems.General manager and her assistant just gave 20,000 points two days refund and 10.00 off our bill.I contacted Bill Marriott's and nothing was done to satisfy me.Why would they not give me a credit for all the days I did not receive housekeeping.Hospitality is not at this hotel.When you dine in eating area no one greets you.If Bill Marriott knew this everyone would be fired.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Management36280, Manager at Residence Inn Chicago Lombard, responded to this review, 28 February 2012
Thank you for your review. We are sorry we were not able to meet your needs at the Lombard Residence Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Michigan
Reviewed 1 July 2010

What a staff. Great comfortable suites, good hot breakfast, outdoor pool, fitness and pets allowed. What a wonderful place. My family has booked here two years running and we will defintely go again. The staff allowed us to use the gatehouse for a reunion meeting and the bar b que grills to cook with. We have selected this as our favorite reunion place ever. The free internet and full kitchens helped keep us on budget as well.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn for your next Family Reunion!
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Just stayed here for Memorial Day Week, actually 2nd stay here, and it is a great place to stay. Quiet, at least on the weekends, and close to shopping if needed. Rooms are clean as well as the grounds. Pool and BBQ grills are available also. Oh, complimentary HOT breakfast and with a family of five that saved us around $60-$70 right there! 15-20 minutes from downtown Chicago. Definately will be staying here when we go visit my daughter in Chicago.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We have just competed our renovation in October 2011. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 October 2009

I was dreading having to leave my house for a week (with two pets) as my floors were refinished. I'm very happy with my choice of the Residence Inn at Lombard: the week flew by. In particular, I appreciated:

- The assurance that no one would enter my room and let out my pets
- The value: 5 nights cost only 40,000 points
- Convenience: it's close to the interstate and there are plenty of restaurants and convenience stores nearby
- Cleanliness
- Amenities: stairstepper, very complete breakfast, kitchenwares
- I felt safe (separate entrances are nice and I was offered an upstairs room)
- Friendly staff
- Free internet access
- Manager responsiveness (through my email requests)

I'll stay here again if I need to leave my home for an extended time.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Esme_Travels
Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a nice stay at the hotel. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 26 September 2009

If you have business in the western suburbs, this is a nice place to stay - near a mall and near major highways. It is a little different than some other Residence Inns in that there is a main building and then separate buildings with 8 -16 units each. They are in the midst of landscaping and upgrading - none of which bothered us. The ladies at the front desk were very welcoming and kind. You can hear the traffic from 22nd street a bit but it did not bother us. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and with full kitchens. The breakfast was very good with taco fixings, hard boiled eggs and all the other standard items. In addition to the free breakfast, they had dinner the 2 nights we stayed- nachos the first night and Beer and Brats the next. With the brats there had cole slaw, beans, potato salad, and cut up tomatos and onion, watermelon, chocolate chip cookies. Also Miller beer and some wine. They just do this two nights a week.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Proviso
Thank you for your review. We have just completed our renovation in October 2011. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.
SE Michigan
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We stayed here for 2 nights and enjoyed it. The place is getting a little old but it was well kept. Service was great, everything was clean and the staff was friendly. They serve a hearty and full breakfast in the morning. The place is located in a quiet place but quite convenient to a large mall next door or a fairly busy street with all different restaurants about 2 miles away. While there we also used their coin laundry which was surprisingly large (3 washers/4 dryers). They also have a small outdoor pool which we did not use.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank jas32
WI
Reviewed 27 July 2008

I stayed here with my kids and loved it. The room was clean, we felt safe, nice pool. Good breakfast in the morning. Staff was very helpful. Will stay again soon.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank flyfreeWi
Thank you for your review. We have just completed our renovation as of October 2011. We hope to see you again at the Lombard Residence Inn.